Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, does anyone know how to fit armrests to the front seats of my 2000 (w) alize espace? do i nee a special tool?

With pictures if poss?

Thanks

·
Still a Petrolhead but also like diesel
2,311 Posts
Hello, I dont think you can on the front seats ... the ones with armrests are called Captains chairs, and the armrests are not removeable ... you need to strip down the seat .... even then I dont know if the frames are the same ... might be easier to get some Captains chairs from a breaker .... maybe one of the others and throw some light on this.

The rear seats just clip in and out ... they need to be vertical and you need to push the patch that says L or R on the armrest to engage or release.

Hope it helps :)

·
Still a Petrolhead but also like diesel
2,311 Posts
Thats a good start ..... but I still think youll need to strip the seat to make sure the mech. is in place ... the ones that were on my "chairs" were fixed (from inside the seat frame) and not removeable ... so I'm sure it not the same armrests and mechanism that is fitted on the rear seats.

:)

·
Registered
46 Posts
My Espace 4 JK01 have all had front armrests that can be removed. There is a plastic trim over the hole and the lug goes into the seat. The ratchet, lock and release are all part of the seat.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts