Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:eek:
hope someone out there can help me, last week i was driving my renault espace listening to a cd in the pioneer 6 cd multichanger and during the middle of a song the cd stopped i tried to put the song back on but it said "error" so now do all of my cd's which i am hating soooo much i have tried a cd cleaner but no good the radio does work though and when you put the cd's into the machine it does take them it just doesn't seem to be reading them, my husband say's it is basically my music but i am desperatley trying to get it working again :moonie: and was hoping someone could pleeeeasssse help me.
also what mpg has the grande espace....thanks again
joanna
xx:censored:

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
Not sure if its the same prob but I had this happen with mine and it was because a CD had came out of the cartridge and was blocking the laser I took the changer out of the car and used a pair of long nose pliers(with some cloth tape stuck on the end) and some shaking to get it out
It has worked fine ever since

MPG I get about 80 miles to a tenner and thats a diesel Grand Espace

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not sure if its the same prob but I had this happen with mine and it was because a CD had came out of the cartridge and was blocking the laser I took the changer out of the car and used a pair of long nose pliers(with some cloth tape stuck on the end) and some shaking to get it out

thanks for that have just looked but cant see a stray cd thanks alot for your reply though

·
Registered
6 Posts
Stuck multi CD

Please can you tell me how to get the multi CD out? the space is too small to undo the mounting bolts. Do I have to take the side trim off??!! hope not . :confused:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Please can you tell me how to get the multi CD out? the space is too small to undo the mounting bolts. Do I have to take the side trim off??!! hope not . :confused:
I had to take the rear side trim out - why couldn't they have used velcro strapping? a right pain in the rear! CDPlayer all fixed though :d

·
Registered
6 Posts
Re: Renault Espace - Electronics - CD stuck in multichanger now showing "Error"

I had to take the rear side trim out - why couldn't they have used velcro strapping? a right pain in the rear! CDPlayer all fixed though :d
Was the problem you had a stray CD? My 2000 Espace has just come up with ERROR and I cant eject the cartridge. Sounds like the same problem?

·
Auckland, New Zealand
117 Posts

Grand Espace IV 3.5 v6 petrol. About 25 mpg around town. Not too much time in traffic jams. About 30mpg open road.

·
Registered
6 Posts

My ERROR and unresponsive CD changer is all sorted now for anyone interested.

There is a school of thought that a piece of plastic about the same size as a credit card, perhaps longer on the long side, can be slipped in between the magazine and the unit to release the mechanics that hold the cartridge in place.

This didn't work on mine so ended up having to take it out. This involves removing the panel which is simple enough and then removing the unit itself via the 7mm (what is it with French cars and strange bolt sizes!) bolts.

There was not a "lose" cd rattling about but one was in the drive. I think the tray had got stuck.

Anyway, removed the unit, removed the covers, release the magazine and removed it. The CD and it's tray remained in the drive.

Then, and this is important!, removed all the disks from the cartridge, including the trays. These come out simply and put the mag back in. You can then hook up the power lead whilst the unit is out, and in my case, the changer burst into life and put the CD and it's tray back in the magazine. Then ejected the mag, put the trays back in and some disks and all works fine.

I have included some photos here which may help.

Here is the panel off and unit removed (covers off the unit)

the changer itself (covers on) looks like this:

and with the covers off - top side

and the covers off - bottom side. This was the interesting bit for me. The catch circled in green can be pushed to release the cartridge. It's obvious when you do it. Mine was nicely stuck so had to help it gently out.

Lastly for those wanting to know the model number, here is the label on the back:

Dunno if this will help anyone - hopefully it will if you suffer the same problem as me!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts