Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Renault Espace - Heating and Cooling - Climate Control wont maintain heat unless full on

Have done 22,000 miles in the car since May of this year and all seems Ok apart from the climate control wont maintain the set temp unless you want ti have it on at 26 all the time.

If you manually dial the temp and set the fan speed seems OK, but if you ask it to keep a desired temp of 22 for example it does not seem able to do this and an electronic gauge I use at work to check the AC in the office suggests it is 18/19 on average.

At Dover based garage for 18k service they said it maintained 20 when asked etc, but I said that it is when driving along that the problems are noticed. (as a landrover driver I know what its like to have a small hole in the front bulkkead that lets air in) not that this is the case, but...

anyway they said I couldbook it in again, and I said sorry you have hadyour chance you will have to wait until next 18k service unless you can come to my house and swap, and provide me with a larger loan car than normal for my daily communte...

anyone else have this problem with their Espace ?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Now that its cooler in the mornings, I normally set it to 26 straight away, after 10 or so miles I turn it downto 22, but after 20mins I cant take it any longer,..... its too cold. A quick check on the digital probe I borrowed from the office suggests its 18 on the front passenger seat not in a drafty place...

The sun roof is very very well shut, in fact its still at the factory as this model does not have one fitted, so no worries on this front.

I will live with it unril the next service which is now in 16k or about 4 months, as I can control the temperature manually on the fan speed, just defeats the object of having auto everything though !

Ho hum...

·
Premium Member
764 Posts
Have them check that the vehicles Air conditioning computer has been programmed correctly and that it has had the "1600 Watt RCH" set to the "with" setting within CLIP..

The RCH is the heating resistor that provides the heat to the cabin..

There have been some modifications to the A/C on the Espace IV and some vehicles have not been programmed correctly.. ie the Resistor has been disabled..

·
Registered
46 Posts
On a similar note, my passenger side wont blow cold air... the digital readout says 18..16..lo etc, but it still blasts out hot air.... I thought my mrs was going round the bend the other day until i leaned over & felt the air. Any ideas.... reset possibilities etc?????

·
Registered
75 Posts
can you help ??

i see you hsve renault expercins so could you see your way to helping me too
andy

I one step ahead there, as I have tried to do that. In testing it out, one wire slipped and one blown fuse later, now central locking dont work at all. I replaced the fuse and now not working on the key fob. All doors have to be locked by hand, one at a time. Was told that I could have blown the fuse board, but more lickley to be the central control unit. I have the CD from e-bay, but at the moment, I cannot even get the wiring diagrams up on display.
Thanks for getting back to me,
Andy

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Nick - not sure if you are still on this forum but did you resolve your problem. We have the exact same problem with our 2004 Grand Espace Initiale. We've had car for 8 years -all good - but about 3 months ago the system began pumping out cold unless the temperature is set to the max 26 degrees. Must be the thrmostat gone. At same time light on srart button failed which makes me think might be a fuse but can't fine wiring diagram to check. Muppets at Renault Acton can't suss problem. Any ideas anyone?

David

BTW Renualt acton also claim have to replace start button to fix light issue - must be ********?

·
Registered
71 Posts
any update on this?, my grand espace is the same. the same temp, but turn it to number 26 and it warms up.

did you fix yours at all?

thanks
ian

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
38,482 Posts
It Clips off, but someone wont read notifications and empty their inbow will they

·
Registered
29 Posts
I know its not bolted. I tried to pry it off but was scared to break my windshield

My inbox is empty and im reading my notification. Sorry not my fault inbox has a 3 pm limit.

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum, I let the Dogs out
7,226 Posts
My inbox is empty and im reading my notification. Sorry not my fault inbox has a 3 pm limit.

you have a 5 message limit not 3, your "sent" messages are included in the maths :wink2:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts