Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i have a 1996 2.0l renault espace alize. over the last few days on starting it has developed a misfire.
on starting there is a misfire and strong smell of petrol inside the car, within a minute the misfire clears and it runs fine.
i turn off the car leave it 5 mins and it does the same thing again.
i have checked the plugs leads dizzy cap and all the vacuum pipes no probs anywhere.
any help please. thanks.

·
Premium Member
317 Posts
could it be a loose conection to the injectors that goes once the engine warms up (expansion ) hence the fuel smell this would also cause the miss fire as the would not be the correct fuel due to the leak worth a look

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
Coils are known to very susceptable to temperature change - and tend to misfire at extremes either too cold or too hot:)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
espace misfire

:confused: hi thanks to you all for your replies. have changed coil, petrol filter , temp sensor, tdc sensor, air intake sensor and checked all connections pipes and electrics. it now only misfires on initial start of the morning but really holds back when driving all the time and feels like its going to backfire but never does. any more help please. thanks

·
Premium Member
317 Posts
presure regulater fuel pump ecu ? also check your temp sender for the ecu (not for the gauge ) theres two could be sneding a false reading to your ecu might be reading high or low causing mixture to be wrong good luck mate

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:rofl: hi thanks for all the helpful replies just changed coil and all seems to be going well(touchwood) will keep you informed of further progress:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts