Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi
i have a deisel turbo 1994 espace 2100cc.
when i press the accelorator dont laugh it sounds like a siren or a singing sound.
any ideas please...after you stop laughing

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
Hello & Welcome to the Forums.

I'm sure a Member will be able to assist with your post shortly.

Regards

Ottoman

·
Still a Petrolhead but also like diesel
2,311 Posts
Hi, it sounds like a belt or a bearing ... could be any of the following ...

turbo bearing, a/c compressor bearing, water pump bearing (although its usually a grumble)

any aux belt either too tight or starting to break up .... if its more a Zinging sound that varies with engine speed I'd have a look at the timing belt.

Hope it helps :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
singing renault

hi
as i press the accelerator it has a high pitch 'siren'sound then as i change gear it goes then starts again until i reach 5th gear then it justs light siren sound..the sound is the like driving at full speed with wind whistling if that helps.thanks for comments please bear with me

·
Premium Member
317 Posts
is your turbo boost gague working ?
could be the pipe has come off the manifold or has an ole in it ? could as stated be the bearings also check all the pipes from the turbo to the intercooler & from the intercooler to the inlet manifold for holes & leaks .does the boost still work or does it feel down on power could the waste gate be stuck open ? good luck !.
let us know what you find ok !

O

·
0 Posts
This is how my Espace IV sounded just before they had to replace the Turbo!

It could be one of a number of things but needs checking out sooner rather than later.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts