Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hi to everyone first, ok let start with the problem i have a renault espace 2.0i 1991 with a steering problem it seems to wander lot, i have had the tracking done but seems to still do it, it keeps going to the left then it wanders to the right and some times find it hard to control and shots off to the right or left if i go over rough roads or hit a bump,if some one has had the same problem please advice me had to fix the problem. and thank you for taking time to look out my topic. just a update i have another problem is the clutch pedal on a epace surpose to be stiff .

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hi no i dont get any clunking noises checked ball joints etc all seems fine, i do get a clicking noise when i move the streering wheel to left and right and only half returns on a full lock..

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
all ok checked 28psi, whats the best way of checking the rack. thank you for taking time reading this,i have never come across a problem like this.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
been out to check the rack and there is no movment,someone said me to today that it could be the wishbones,is that true

·
Premium Member
317 Posts
hello mate had this problem with two of my espaces seemed to wander and change lanes on there own am i correct ? with both i found at the next mot that they had a broken REAR spring both times the on drivers side after having these replaced it seem to have cured it so try having a look there hope this helps .
P S they do move about a bit even in a light cross wind
good luck keep us posted

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hi good news i have the problem, it was the steering shaft knuckle the bolt wasnt done up.many thanks to you all for all your help.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts