Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my espace has just failed its mot due to worn rear trailing arm bushes ! what i need to know is has anyone attempted this before (haynes is a bit vague ) are there any pitfalls things to watch out for etc thanx in advance keith

·
Registered
3 Posts
my espace has just failed its mot due to worn rear trailing arm bushes ! what i need to know is has anyone attempted this before (haynes is a bit vague ) are there any pitfalls things to watch out for etc thanx in advance keith
If you find somewhere that sells them, please post! My same age Espace similarly failed, but the garage can't get the part as yet!

·
Premium Member
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
got mine from renault in manchester on two day delivery cost if i remeber rightly about £30
was an absolout pig to get off ended up heating it with a blow lamp anways done now and sailed through the re test

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
got mine from renault in manchester on two day delivery cost if i remeber rightly about £30
was an absolout pig to get off ended up heating it with a blow lamp anways done now and sailed through the re test
Great news peanuts anothers years ticket:)

·
Premium Member
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
your in luck part number 6025315757 £43.48 + vat

this is for the rear axle to the body bush hope this helps mate as i said there a pig to do dut worth it in the end
good luck

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hmm, I had been quoted two interchangeable part numbers: 6025000245 and 6025306001 for this; I'm beginning to wonder whether there are other rear suspension bushes being referred to here. I have a fax from a renault dealer which shows parts (not numbers!); there are bushes in the trailing arms AND two in a transverse member that I can't relate to the rest of the diagram. I have located some under the part number I quoted, so I'll see what turns up. BTW, where can I get the bushes under your part number (if I need to)?

·
Premium Member
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
got mine from renault manchester trinity way allways been prety good for parts better than the one at warrington there a joke ! you could try europart with having the part number good luck as i said these are from the body end of the trailing arm not the axle end .

·
Registered
3 Posts
I think I've got this sorted out now. After some detective work on the web, it looks like all three part numbers refer to a Febi part 09388, which I've managed to get Camberley Auto Factors to order in for me. £5.45 + Vat + carriage, total £24.56 the pair. Should be able to pick them up tomorrow.

·
Registered
4 Posts
peanuts ... how did you get the part number?

A message for 'peanuts' - how did you manage to get a part number for a separate bush? I have telephoned many (1/2 dozen or more) Renault dealers who have all said the same thing - there is no separate bush listed against the chassis number for my vehicle! So, as a last resort I have ordered the bush that you have quoted in the hope that it fits my Espace (1994 Mark II Turbo Diesel). The alternative is £820 worth of complete rear axle - the car isn't worth much more than that with a new MOT!! I am going to take Renault to the cleaners over this fiasco - whether the bush fits or not. They should be ashamed of themselves for this sort of practice. :mad:

·
Premium Member
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hello phil got the part number off the reciept mate pity you didnt get intouch earlier just scrapped it due to engine blow up could of done a deal on any bits shame if your looking for bits its in boysnope wharf breakers about 2 miles from jn 11 m60 all there but the alloys good luck they are a ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ to get off ended up burning them out with a blow torch then cutting the steel ring out with a hack saw ! .if you need any help just holla .ok

·
Premium Member
2,027 Posts
It realy is rediculous that they claim not to have a part no for them the newer espace 1997-2002 era use what looks to me to be the same bush !!

·
Registered
4 Posts
thanks

thanks 'peanuts' for getting back on this thread. Timing ... it never goes quite to plan, does it?! Sorry to hear about your engine. From what you said I get the impression that you simply asked for a bush for _your_ Espace ... and the the part no. you quoted was the part listed by Renault in Manchester. I did actually phone them last week, but for them to make an order I would have had to go in in person to show them my credit card ... a little impractical as I am just to the north of Bristol! It won't be me changing the bush ... I gave up doing major jobs on cars a long while ago ... got fed up with the last nut / screw / bolt not playing game scenario! Renault have really let themselves down with this fiasco - I have been really pleased with the Espace, but this has put me off of Renault pretty much for good.

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
This is a great thread,but has anyone got a picture of the suspension bush in question?

Better still,can anyone post a picture of exactly there the bush is on the car?

This would really help us out.:)

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
This is a great thread,but has anyone got a picture of the suspension bush in question?

Better still,can anyone post a picture of exactly there the bush is on the car?

This would really help us out.:)
Always talking about bushes and where can you find them and now a picture you dirty man:rofl:

·
Premium Member
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
thats the one i got and replaced for sure the steeel outer ring has a tendancy to rust into place and get left behind when you push or pull the rubber out had to cut mine with a hack saw to get it out grrrrrr

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
Excellent.:):):)

This is going into the Espace Knowledge Base.

Feel free to continue the thread.:)

·
Registered
31 Posts
I did one of these a few years ago on the mk1 espace. I think it is more or less the same though. I did it with a 6 inch bench vice (detached from the bench)I had and I think a large socket. That way I was able to get a lot of force on the old bush and it came out without too much difficulty. I put the new one in the same way I think though I dont remember clearly now.
Rob

·
Registered
34 Posts
Final outcome?

I think I've got this sorted out now. After some detective work on the web, it looks like all three part numbers refer to a Febi part 09388, which I've managed to get Camberley Auto Factors to order in for me. £5.45 + Vat + carriage, total £24.56 the pair. Should be able to pick them up tomorrow.
Ewelme
What was the final outcome? Is the bush the same for both ends of the trailing link and cross member, any other part numbers/suppliers we would find usefull? I think mine might need doing soon.
Dennis
PS to moderator...if ewelme no longer on this forum can this be forwarded to him?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts