40,429 Posts
Nice one Donald.:)

You have incredibly long fingers!

(The actress said to the bishop:d)

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi just i little line or two to say thank you for your comments:) ,i hope this will help someone to do the job there self as to help save a pound or two so to speak and to learn i bit more about there car all the best Donald.

·
Premium Member
499 Posts
Nice one Donald.:)

You have incredibly long fingers!

(The actress said to the bishop:d)
yes, but have you seen the size of his............ thums.:d

·
Registered
24 Posts
Nice job, i have also changed mine today with the track rods(which were worn badly) parts were purchased from euro car parts for a little over £80 for both sides, dealers quote was £80 for one side, tomorrow its booked for tracking :)

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nice job, i have also changed mine today with the track rods(which were worn badly) parts were purchased from euro car parts for a little over £80 for both sides, dealers quote was £80 for one side, tomorrow its booked for tracking :)
Hi thanks,i think we were talking this evening iam glag you made a saving the renault parts can be very expensive and most times are just the same part:crazy: do not get me wrong there are bad made parts out there but most are just as good if not better in some cases as renault parts cheers all the best Donald.

·
Registered
47 Posts
pictures not displaying

Hi here is a few pics with step by step of how to change your Track Rod End Arm on a Espace, i hope this helps all the best Donald
hi donald, i dont seem to be able to see the pictures on the site,
is it something with my settings?
thanks,
gordon.

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hi donald, i dont seem to be able to see the pictures on the site,
is it something with my settings?
thanks,
gordon.
Hi Gorden i went into my attatchments after xmas and deleted them by mistake and that not all there was lots of help post just like this:( iam really sorry about this:( :eek: is there anything that i can do to help cheers Donald.

·
Registered
47 Posts
No probs donald, was wondering if it was my pc playing up again! will give the track rod ends a go in the next couple of weeks after replacing the top strut bearings, am trying to find the source of a knocking noise, tried replacing the link bars but still the same, i will try the bearings then see where i go from there,
thanks for the reply,
cheers,
gordon.

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
No probs donald, was wondering if it was my pc playing up again! will give the track rod ends a go in the next couple of weeks after replacing the top strut bearings, am trying to find the source of a knocking noise, tried replacing the link bars but still the same, i will try the bearings then see where i go from there,
thanks for the reply,
cheers,
gordon.
Hi Gorden this noise you talk about i went through the same with my Espace 2002 and changed all drop links ball joints track rods had the top struts checked and it was still there in the end i took it to my local independent and he thought it might of been the inner track rods closest to the rack very hard to get to but possible so we changed them and it did help but i was still getting a slit knock when steering was rocked so we pack the rack with grease and this helped to the point it was near not noticeable anymore,it still passed it mot and there was not enough play for it to even get a advisory notice,iam not saying for one minute thats what is up with yours but its food for thought,this knock i talk about only happed when the steering was rocked from side to side,most Espaces well the Mk III suffer from this so as i said i hope it helps Donald

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi here is a few pics with step by step of how to change your Track Rod End Arm on a Espace, i hope this helps all the best Donald
Hello.

Has the link to the pictures/instructions been taken down, or am I just blind?

I have track rod end problems on my 04 registered Espace and would like to see how to change them.

David.

P

·
0 Posts
Hi Gorden i went into my attatchments after xmas and deleted them by mistake and that not all there was lots of help post just like this:( iam really sorry about this:( :eek: is there anything that i can do to help cheers Donald.
:)

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hi Donald,
I cant display your pics of track rod end removal, Can you send me the pics pls
Thanks
Toby
Hi Toby,

Iam sorry to say i deleted them from the forum by mistake:eek: i have been able to replace most over the years but i can't find the track rod related pic's i took so iam guessing i have also deleted them from my document's too:eek:

Sorry about that,

If you need any help just ask,its not rocket science to remove the outer track rods although the inners a little more difficult,

Hope that helps explain things,

Cheers Don

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hi,

Iam guessing this is what your looking for??

If its the outer track rod end your looking to replace? this is what it looks like below,

Now to remove it there is a few things you need to know first,

When removing the track rod end its a good idea to mark the threads where the track rod is locked in place below with a yellow No 2,

This pic is not of an Espace track rod end but its the same principal

Where i have indicated on the pic by a yellow No2? this is the 17mm locking nut that locks the track rod end to the track rod,

This pic is not of an Espace track rod & track rod end but its the same principal

Then where the locking nut was after you have loosened it? mark the threads with a tip ex pen so when you get round to fitting the new track rod end back on its set up as close as it once was so you tracking is not out by miles..although it still needs to be tracked afterwards but not always? as most cars have a little tolerance? so if you set the track rod end back up to the mark you made your tracking should be pretty much what it was before you started? unless it was already out hence why you need to have the tracking checked to be sure,

Once you loosened the locking nut and marked the threads its now time to loosen the nut mark yellow No 1

Once you have done this lightly tap the track rod end out of the hub?it should just pop out of its locating hole on the hub?if not? hit it a little harder next time man lol,

Once this has been done its now time to unscrew the track rod end off of the track rod by screwing the track rod end anticlockwise whilst holding the track rod in place using a spanner where i have marked it with a Yellow No 3,you will also need a spanner around the track rod end itself to aid its removal when turning it anticlockwise as it will be tight with years worth of grim:crazy:

If it is tight? use a little WD40 sprayed around the locking nut threads before hand and that should make it a little easier when you go to remove it? if its still stuck? some times a little heat around the threads where the locking nut once was before you loosened it using a plumbers blow torch is enough to help it along its way but only as a last resort,

Then its pretty much everything in reverse making sure the new track rod end is screwed back up to the mark you made at the start....jobs a good un,

Any questions just ask, iam happy to help,

Cheers Don

1 - 20 of 29 Posts