Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

New to the forum and would like some advice on a heater problem in my recently bought van

The problem is quite simple my heater is blowing out hot air and i mean hot!, i can only cope with driving with the windows down!

Do i need to get to the back of the dial? if so how? or is it a thermosat problem situated under the bonnet

Any ideas would be much appreciated

·
Premium Member
3,499 Posts
Wow, an old Renault with a heater that still works :p

The likelihood is that the mixer flap has jammed or the cable connecting it to the temperature control has snapped or come adrift, as you said. Shouldn't be anything to do with the oily bits - the heater matrix is obviously getting a good flow of hot coolant and that's all that's to be expected :)

·
La sola lupo
2,521 Posts

The likelihood is that the mixer flap has jammed or the cable connecting it to the temperature control has snapped or come adrift, as you said. Shouldn't be anything to do with the oily bits - the heater matrix is obviously getting a good flow of hot coolant and that's all that's to be expected :)
I Agree with Azurael, it could also be that the heater control cable seized and come off the knob/dail

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Sorry to sound dim....but where do i find the mixer flap? is it easy to get to?

If the cable has come away do i have to go in via the dashboard or is it easier going in via the bonnet?

Thanks for your quick response

1 - 4 of 4 Posts