Independent Renault Forums banner

Can Admin remove this poll please? Timmy can't.

• soliman

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • soliman

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear All,

I own Renault Fluence 2012 AT, 82000 km.
the manufacture never advise for AT oil replacement and i am afraid to damage the gearbox in case the oil has lost its viscosity.

The authorized service center also advise that the tiny metal parts in the old oil are healthy for the gears.

please advise what is the correct action? shall i keep the oil as it is? or i need to replace it?

Thanks

Ahmed Azmy

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum Member
2,805 Posts
Dear All,

I own Renault Fluence 2012 AT, 82000 km.

the manufacture never advise for AT oil replacement and i am afraid to damage the gearbox in case the oil has lost its viscosity.

The authorized service center also advise that the tiny metal parts in the old oil are healthy for the gears.

please advise what is the correct action? shall i keep the oil as it is? or i need to replace it?

Thanks

Ahmed Azmy

I'd get them to put that advice down in writing buddy, I'd find another service centre if I was you...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
All Renault Service centers refuse to replace it and refer that the car catalog never mentioned the Transmission oil replacement and that is was not communicated to them in the regular maintenance schedule

note: that is for the 2012 model, not for the new CVT trasnmssion

if it is necessary to replace the oil please advise the oil specs

Thank you

·
Super Moderator Technical Supremo Platinum Member
22,476 Posts
Transmission oils break down, collect metallic particles, basically wears out, same as engine oil.
But no where near as quickly.

If there is no scheduled replacement period, it means that the maker believes that it has a working life in excess of the vehicle.
In other words, sealed for life.
But they don't say what life is.

If the vehicle exceeds the life expectancy, sooner or later the oil will.

Similar on cam chain drives.... often no replacement period, life expectancy infinity. Except it isn't, just not specified.

At the moment, I would not worry but appreciate you are.

If really worried, get the dealers to identify correct oil and change it anyway.
They must know how if only to refill after a leak.

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum Member
2,805 Posts
I have the EDC automatic box in my grand scenic, it's true that Renault have no specified oil change schedule. The bit where they told you about tiny metal particles being healthy for the gears is the bit that was very naughty.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts