Independent Renault Forums banner

8001 - 8007 of 8007 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Re: Renault Forum [email protected] Team

Hi all,

I've had some issues with my GPU client since earlier this month. I figured I would reinstall the client - and now I can't get it working again. It goes to "sleep" - as in it wont start doing any actual folding. Maybe you in here can help me get it working?

·
Banned
30,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #8,002

Hello GM250 :) I wondered where you'd gone.

That sounds more like an Operating System setup issue to me, I've never come across a FAH core which can make your PC go into hibernation mode.

Try checking out your power settings in Control Panel.

I'm using Win XP & my Power setting are illustrated in the Pics below.

·
Registered
53 Posts

Good to know I was missed :)

Again, I suck at making my point clear; its not the computer - its just the [email protected] GPU client who goes into sleep mode, that is - it does no work when I start it up - it collects (I presume this) a protein of some sort and then nothing.

·
Banned
30,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #8,004

GM250 Thats really odd, although in fairness Stanfords servers can get bogged down, A LOT :d

Which Vid card do you have, & what client do you use?

BTW with so many of us in the FAH team now, anyone who goes missing, is missed.

·
Banned
30,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #8,006

I'm assuming that you're using an Nvidia based card, if you are.

You could try completely installing your current version of FAH, if you have it on your PC then run CCleaner. CCleaner <--Link

Follow this by using the second one down in the link below, I can confirm that I've never had such a problem with that. :)

Oh BTW once this client is installed you will need to reboot to make it start then right click on the Icon by the clock to enter your user details

Good Luck :)

http://folding.stanford.edu/English/DownloadWinOther

8001 - 8007 of 8007 Posts