Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I've got an issue worth my fan not working. I've searched searched and further searched how to fix it. I've had the indoor pool caused by blocked drains, sorted that out. So i want to check if the problem lies with a gummed up heater fan or the fan controller kaput. Both need the glove box removing but cannot locate the last right hand screw..... I've read about poking at the fan fins to see if it moves but cannot see any access points even with a coat hanger. My problem is made worse by having early onset alzheimers. I do need some help.

·
Premium Member
794 Posts
A failed heater control valve comes to find, assuming the following:
1) Coolant level is above MIN.
2) Heater core is not blocked.
3) No leaks on the cooling circuit.
4) Water pump is fully operational.
5) Thermostat is opening and closing without issues.
6) There are no air locks in the cooling circuit.

If levels are normal, the engine temp gauge runs at mid point, and the top radiator hose gets very hot after 15 minutes of driving, this pretty much confirms points 1, 3, 4 and 5.

As heat is coming from the pipe leading away from the heater core, that confirms point 2. Opening any and all bleeder valves to remove trapped air will confirm point 6. Fan works fine as you've said, so that's good.

Just leaves the heater control valve / heater control motor. I don't know if this is correct for your car (prob not), but I found this:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts