Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI All,
After trying various different MPV models I decided to keep with the Renault Grand Scenic (now series 3) after having the Series 2. I do alot of mileage (44k a year) so having a Bluetooth handfree kit built in was a selling point.

However since I recieving the new car I have not been able to use it as no one can hear me when they phone me. Everyone complains of noise (mainly road noise as it is harder to hear me the faster I go) and also echo's. I am using a blackberry, but has never had any issues with "Parrott" kits I've had in past.

Renault have given me the usual "You are the first person to complain about the kit and there is nothing we can do about it." Great, just what I wanted to hear !!!

After spending over £23k for a car to then have a Bluetooth kit that doesn't work is somewhat frustrating (under statement). Now I may have to fit a seperate kit that does work.

Has anyone else had the same issue? Any recommendations.

Julesgti

·
Premium Member
2,710 Posts
I assume you have got the "communication volume" or whatever its exact name is on the set up menu turned up to a reasonable level?

We have a Lag III with built in bluetooth and whilst it isn't the most intuitive system people don't always realise I am in the car when they phone, the sound quality is pretty good.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have Grand Scenic 2010 and the same problem with handsfree...everybody claims they almost can´t hear me...my phone is HTC Desire HD...somebody please help us. THX

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,

i also have a similar problem with my 2010 new model grand scenic since day one. i have had a running battle for the last 18 months to get it fixed (i can hear callers ok, but they cant hear me).

UK cust services finally relented and have authorsied the dealer to fit an aftermarket parrot system - the only problem it has now taken 3 visits to even get this installed.

Do a google search for this problem, print off all the complaint threads and present them to the dealer and get put through to the UK cust complaint (not indian) and explain problem.

This is by no means an isolated problem, every dealer i went to recognised the problem unofficially, but officially there is no problem !

i also left multiple voicemails to my wifes phone for them to hear on playback and called UK cust services while on the move - they soon got the message.

dont take no for an answer, pursue with UK cust services.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, I have just got my new scenic Tom Tom yesterday and also have a desire phone.
Had lots of trouble so I backed up my phone on the pc,did a factory reset Yesterday and bingo,it now works great.I will now be more fussy what apps I put on the phone.
Hope this helps.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts