Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Firstly, let me thank everyone who contributes their time and expertise here, I've found loads of answers to questions and saved more than a few quid by DIY rather than main dealers prices.
But...............
Yet again my trusty espace is going to cost me a few pounds, and I wonder if some kind soul can answer a couple of questions for me.
1) where is the EGR valve on my car so I can clean it and maybe restore a bit of "ooomph" back
2) can I run the engine on biodiesel without damage?
3) is the aux belt easy to change as mine has snapped, and will try to do it myself-is there a "how to" anywhere?
And lastly.
4)can you bleed the clutch? mine is biting right on the floor at the moment, and gears are a pig sometimes.......

Many Thanks in anticipation of answers, and thanks for a great forum, I'm hooked on it..................!!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I've done the darn belt and tensioners, just need to know where the EGR valve is now, and blank the bloody thing off to restore a bit of "ooomph".
what about using Biodiesel?
And STILL got the problem with the clutch to do, any suggestions anybody?

TIA,

Mike

·
Premium Member
326 Posts
hi, you can not bleed or refill the clutch sylender, its a sealed unit (hydrolic plastic pipe) on phase 3 espace. you need to replace it. it is a time consuming job , u need to take half dash out inorder to start. I did that on my previous espace took me 6 hours.
Hope this help

·
Premium Member
2,027 Posts
You CAN fill the clutch system although bleeding it is fiddly contrary to what some tell you as long as your cylinders are not leaking it can be refilled

EGR is on the top of the intake manifold near the back where the big intake pipe goes in from intercooler just blank it

biodiesel cooking oil kerosene this engine runs on anything !! i done runs to france on 100% cooking oil straight from asda :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Mr E....
Would be grateful if you could tell me how to add fluid to the system. Will blank off the EGR valve with a plate from ebay tomorrow, and have a go at the central locking problem now I know how to get the door card off!

As for the Biodiesel, there is a local (proper) place selling it at 85p per litre, and I'll mix it 50/50/for now, does it clog up filters, or make changing filters more frequent?

Many Thanks friend for the advice, if I can help anytime, ask. I'm a sparky by trade...................

Mike.:d:d:d

·
Premium Member
2,027 Posts
First thing you need to do is check for leaks at both cylinders check the master by pulling the pedal up and see if it leaks if its ok the slave should be obvious if leaking IE it will be wet !!

If they look fine then there are 2 ways to fill easiest is time consuming but less likely to cause breakages still need to dismantle dash though !

you need to get to the filler on the master this is located under the small top trim panel in front of the steering column but to get that off all the other panels need to come off

Remove the cap and the black rubber insert and check the level DO NOT FILL YET

If level is near bottom add a little fluid no more than half full

now remove the 2 bolts holding the slave cylinder onto the clutch housing on the gearbox allow the piston to come right out then slowly push fully in do this a couple of times then check the level in master if its gone down top it up a little no more than half way though

After this refit cylinder and try it should be better if it is check the level with cylinder fitted again no more than half full if fine refit everything if not repeat again till all air is expelled remember to refit the rubber insert this stops the fluid leaking and mantains the level.

Engine will run fine on bio even 100%

Central locking is likely to be broken wires where they go into the doors

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Many Thanks again, Mr E............

I'm in Gloucestershire, where are you?

OK with ordinary mechanics/electrics, but would appreciate a little help on this one, the espace is a bit of a piggy to work on, isn't it!

IF you are within an hour or so from me, would you consider helping? OBVIOUSLY for folding beer vouchers or whatever......................

Have done the EGR blanking, the rear central locking motor, and the damned aux belt and tensioners in the last week, now just have to get a good clutch pedal now.................oh, and find a tiny but persistant oil leak too.

I love this car.......................!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts