Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI Guys & Girls,

I apologies if i have put this post in the wrong area, im newbie.

I want to spray my alloys this gt colour, atm they are the standerd light gt colour. But i really want the grey from this blue megane.

I am after the colour code.

Thanks in advance

Attachments

·
Administrator
17,109 Posts
Hi there.

According to DuPont, Renault haven't listed a paintcode. Very few manufacturers actually do, as they prefer to sell a new wheel, than help someone get it repaired.

All is not lost though, as I would suggest taking the picture to a local automotive paint supplier who can match (or at least come very close) to that colour from their range of paint cards.

If you can obtain a code that works, let us know.

(were you planning on painting them yourself?)

HTH,

Paul

Reactions: 686sami

·
Premium Member
6,369 Posts
Re: Paint code gun metal grey rs colour

Sounds like you want to do it yourself?
There are some interesting youtube vids about alloy spraying.
You already know the colour you want.. generic gunmetal grey.. tho a slight edge towards bronze could be an option too.
buy the tins and follow the vids or get a pro to do it and say the colour you want. mho

nb: and this isnt a joke: My alloys are a kind of hi silver finish(its a paint/lacquer).They look ok when clean and shiny but funnily enough also look ok after 3-5 days and even 5-14 days of use.. :)
The reason :brake dust !..after 10 days they dont look like clean and shiny gunmetal grey but do look a more aggressive silver grey. I havent left em "unclean" for more than 2 weeks.
I dunno if you see my point ,and its pure coincidence for me ,but a heavy brake dust coating doesnt detract.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
alloy wheel colour code or name

hi guys still need help.

Ive got a renault megane GT, and I want to spary them in the renault sport grey which is found on the megane 225.

Whats the name or color code ??

Attachments

·
Administrator
17,109 Posts
Just merged the 3 respective threads regarding this topic, so as to avoid confusion and also ensure that IF a code is found, the answer can be placed onto this thread for the benefit of other members.

HTH,

Paul

·
Administrator
17,109 Posts
DuPont don't list it at all - only a few silvers.

Paul

1 - 9 of 9 Posts