Independent Renault Forums banner

21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
I wish that I lived in the Czech Republic, replacements for free and a nice message.

I emailed Renault UK and got this reply:

Thank you very much for your recent email request concerning a handbook for your Renault Kangoo Van.

A PDF file, photocopied or CD-rom replacement handbook can be purchased by sending the following to the address below:-

Registration number of vehicle

Chassis number of vehicle

Model details

Your name, address and contact telephone number details

Cheque should be made payable to Renault UK

Renault UK Limited

The Rivers Office Park

Denham Way

Maple Cross

Rickmansworth

Hertfordshire

WD3 9YS

The file attachment is sent without charge, depending on the size of the file. A photocopied handbook costs £5.00 and the CD-rom costs £10.00. Please specify the handbook format you require.

Thank you for taking the time to visit Renault On-line and if you would like any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us at Renault Customer Services.

Regards

Ebbah Odera (Miss)
Renault Customer Services
Renault UK
Tel: 0800 072 33 72
Fax: 01923 895101
[email protected]

There doesn't seem to be a consistent policy at Renault UK on this subject, but at least it seems you can get it for free in one format or other, just depends who deals with it there as to which format you may get it in!! Am intrigued as to what exactly this "The file attachment is sent without charge, depending on the size of the file." means though.

·
Registered
32 Posts
do you have an attachment of the handbook in you email. Your email program will usually have a little paperclip next to the title if you have but some programs automatically remove them so you don't get a virus. Check it out as i think that is what the statment means

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks for the tip, but, no there was no attachment, I haven't had time to get all of my info together and email them back with it to see if they will send me the file. I'll get back here when I do with the result.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Looks like I might finally get a handbook

I emailed Renault and received this reply 'Thank you very much for your recent e-mail response.

Your details have been forwarded to our Administration department to obtain the correct handbook for you. Please allow within two to five working days to receive this.'

So thanks to those who pointed me in this direction.

·
Registered
32 Posts
i received my CD rom version of the handbook a couple of weeks ago and how they can charge people £10 for it i will never know because all it is is a blank CD that cost approx 10p to buy with scenic handbook wrote on in black pen and a pdf of the handbook burned on to it so there profit minus the 10p for the cd and about 35p for the stamp is a whopping £9.55

·
Registered
5 Posts
Finally got my CD-ROM

It took ages, because Renault got my postcode wrong and it was delayed in the post, but I finally got the manual in CD form, because it was too large to send as an email attachment.
It's in PDF format on the disc and is generally pretty easy to read, apart from a few diagrams being poorly copied, but that's not really a problem. It took a while, but it's free, thanks Renault.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Re Free Handbook

I took Bigbretts advice and sent an email to Renault.

After answering a few questions from Renault I received an email saying they would send me a copy of the handbook via an email download.

Received a good quality pdf copy on a CD in the post this morning for free.

Many thanks for the info Bigbrett.

·
Registered
4 Posts
does the handbook include wiring diagrams for the stereo...? i have recently bought a new stereo for my 1996 clio oasis... but the wiring is different and i dont know which cable is which in the actual clio... the new cabes on the new stereo are clearly labeled but the original ones in the car are blank... and i don't know which ones to solder to which! HELP! thanks guys

·
Super Moderator
43,291 Posts
Hi Clueless - the handbook won't give you a wiring diagram - has the cables been cut - if not you can buy an adaptor.:)

·
Registered
4 Posts
okaaaay... but the stereo i hav bought also does not use a standard stereo wiring patern... just to confunse things a little more. i know that renault use differnt wiring patterns from normal fittings and cars so... if i was to buy this adaptor (any ideas of where from?!) - would i then need to plug another adaptor onto the adaptor to enable me to plug in the new stereo?!? haha this is waaaay too complicated.
thanks very much

btw, no they cables in the car have not been cut to my knowledge... they are secured into two plastic plugs...? from the colours of the wires (one set being in pairs) i can assume that one clip is for the speakers and one clip for the power etc...

·
Registered
23 Posts
I looked on ebay and got a replacement lead for a JVC CD player from Hong Kong for about £4 all in, and an ISO to Nissan Micra (my fiance's car) from a UK ebay seller for £5 ish. These were going to be £30 and £10 respectively in Halfords or other normal shops! The £9 was worth it not to have to wire it up with a chocca-block!

·
Registered
4 Posts
yeah im quite tempted to do that and i did have a quick look but... because both my renault AND my stereo both use unconventional wiring plugs - i cant decide what it is i am looking for... most adaptors can take you from a renault clio wiring pattern to the standard one... but then i need a standard pattern to a,.....? i don't even know what the connector on my new stereo is called haha, its a

VR3 Virtual Reality Sound Labs VRCD500-SDU

what ever that is... haha. i think it may have been a mistake purchasing it in the first place :s
anyone have any idea what connector that stereo that uses?!??

·
Registered
2 Posts
Radio Diagram

Afraid the handbook does not show a wiring diagram for a radio. Just shows generic fittings then a note:-

In all cases, follow the manufacturer’s fitting instructions carefully.
The specifications of the supports and wires (available as a Renault parts accessory) vary depending on equipment level of your vehicle and the type of radio.
To find out their reference, consult your Renault Dealer.

21 - 40 of 49 Posts