Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Plant Speedometer Car Motor vehicle Tachometer

Got a starting problem on my 2003 renault kangoo 1.5dci. After turning the ignition the engine light with stop in the middle of it flashes and the preheating warning light stays on. Seems to be intermittent as sometimes will fire, but as it stands the engine just keeps turning over. Both those lights should go out before firing, however i believe if the glow plugs were faulty (which i have replaced by the way) it should still fire. No codes come up on the diagnostics equIpment. If anyone could point me in the right direction that would be great.
Plant Speedometer Car Motor vehicle Tachometer

·
Registered
205 Posts
Where to begin here, did you check that when you switch the ignition on that you are getting power to the glow plugs if not this may lead to a more sinister fault. What is strange is if the stop light stays on I would have thought that a code would be there. I agree with you regards if the glow plugs were faulty as long as you have reasonable compression it will still fire as its not that cold yet.
You may have a long road here best of luck

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Where to begin here, did you check that when you switch the ignition on that you are getting power to the glow plugs if not this may lead to a more sinister fault. What is strange is if the stop light stays on I would have thought that a code would be there. I agree with you regards if the glow plugs were faulty as long as you have reasonable compression it will still fire as its not that cold yet.
You may have a long road here best of luck
Yes checked for power to the glow plugs when turned the ignition, sufficient power is getting to each one, seems very on and off as once i get it fired the first time in the day, it will run all day, then fail the following morning. After i replaced the glow plugs it ran consistently for 3 weeks, because its failed again it tells me it may not be that, thank you for your help.

·
Registered
Espace 2.0 dci dynamiq 6 speed manual / 1996 Honda Blackbird CBR 1100 XX
82 Posts
this may be worth a try..... before you start the engine just give the priming bulb a few squeezes until its hard and the pump is fully primed. I had a dci clio that did the same and it turned out to be a leak off pipe that was allowing air into the system and allowing the fuel to drain back into the tank overnight. no leaks were apparent and it was a bit of a mystery for a while.... good luck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts