Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My garage is saying that to replace the cat converter they need to remove the manifold. can someone please explain to me why this is necessary?

·
Sexy at 70 super duper mod..
23,028 Posts
My garage is saying that to replace the cat converter they need to remove the manifold. can someone please explain to me why this is necessary?
Could be a number of reasons for that..what model year engine and fuel does the car have..fill in your garage section so that will show every time you post so we dont need to keep asking..if you cant do it I will when you tell us..then you may get an answer to the question

Opps my bad its in the title lol Kangoo but not engine and fuel type..

·
23,028 Posts
Right 1.6 so big jobby eh..

main reason for removing the manifold will probably be access to the flange connecting the cat to the manifold..and that is why they are suggesting it..there are a number of different ways manufacturers mount and placement can also differ..some even use what is called Manicats where the cat and manifold are one piece..hope that helps Becca..

·
23,028 Posts
the pic is of the part that needs replacing
Yes thats what I just found as well and you can see from that the flange on the left of that pic where it will mate to the manifold..probably hard to undo the bolts connecting the two together and by removing the manifold bolts and maneuvering it then they can..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts