Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I'm new here so if I make a mistake, i'm sorry in advanced!

I've just bought a Kangoo Year 2000, and it has come with two keys (The remote fob and the standard spare). When I bought the van the remote wouldn't work, therefore when exiting the van I have to press the central locking button on the center console. The van still starts no problems with the key.

After reading through many of these helpful forums I would just like to see if someone can clarify the following:

1. If I bought a used key fob with the board from another renault that I would not be able to pair it with the van using the re-sync method. Would a renault dealer have to complete this to pair the key with the van?
2. The immobilizer does not work off the board in the key fob and a separate transponder in the key. As the battery has been dead for years in the key, so I presume the remote key has had nothing to do with the immobilizer or it would have never of worked.
3. The key only had one battery in it, (2013 Flat Battery) Can anyone confirm what type of battery the key needs, or how many? Obviously anyone previously owning the van could have tried any battery and failed to put the correct one in. And therefore resulting in the key not working.

Thanks in advanced!

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum Member
4,274 Posts
not sure on the battery type but worth getting a new battery and trying to re-sync first if you have the drivers manual it will tell you how to re-sync
to get a new key and for renault to reprogram will cost £180
does the key fob have a black lcd at the key end if so use a phone or just a normal camera with an lcd screen point at the camera if you see the lcd flash when you press the key fob the key is working if not try new batteries if it still does not work check the 2 pins that goto the keyfob main board as they are known to break
Ron

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The key hasn't got a infra red light on, it's the one with out it. The only light on it is the red one on the front which does not blink. Tried a new battery and it hasn't worked however will try re-syncing anyway. Checked terminals and they all seems ok.

Thanks

·
4,274 Posts
The key hasn't got a infra red light on, it's the one with out it. The only light on it is the red one on the front which does not blink. Tried a new battery and it hasn't worked however will try re-syncing anyway. Checked terminals and they all seems ok.

Thanks
just opened 3 keyfobs they all take x2 cr 2016 3v batteries
Ron

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for that, Just tried fitting two batteries however they don't seem to fit. However I have managed to get the LED lighting up on the key and tried the re-sync process however the key still fails to unlock/lock the van.

I'm doing the following:

1. Turn Ignition OFF.
2. Press the central door locking button for more than 5 seconds.
· Note : the door should lock then unlock.
3. When this happens, 10 seconds is allowed and the immobiliser warning light illuminates.
4. Press the remote control once, the doors should lock and unlock.
5. Repeat for second remote if required.
6. Check that the remote control unlocks and locks the doors

Can anyone correct me if this is wrong. It is the Key without the Infra Red light. Thanks

·
4,274 Posts
Thanks for that, Just tried fitting two batteries however they don't seem to fit. However I have managed to get the LED lighting up on the key and tried the re-sync process however the key still fails to unlock/lock the van.

I'm doing the following:

1. Turn Ignition OFF.
2. Press the central door locking button for more than 5 seconds.
· Note : the door should lock then unlock.
3. When this happens, 10 seconds is allowed and the immobiliser warning light illuminates.
4. Press the remote control once, the doors should lock and unlock.
5. Repeat for second remote if required.
6. Check that the remote control unlocks and locks the doors

Can anyone correct me if this is wrong. It is the Key without the Infra Red light. Thanks
i have no idea on the re-sync on the kango but a member should/will come along to answer your question
Ron

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the info and help Ron.

Just out of interest when you said there was two batteries in the key, did they both clip in or did one clip in then the other sit on top of the clipped in battery?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Also just out of interest, can someone tell me if there is something missing from the fob on the top left hand corner.

I've tried googling and as far as I can tell it may be the aerial for the remote. Does anyone have any ideas?

Attachments

·
4,274 Posts
both just pushed into place i did put a thicker cell in place but the keyfob did not work it seems they run on 6v and not 3v
but i would double check just in case you have a different type keyfob
have you a picture or link to the type you have
ron

·
4,274 Posts
Picture of the key...thanks
main circuit board and keyfob are a different layout to mine not by much but i would to be safe search on the net and forum to see what cells and re-sync for your car is if the manual says you are doing it correct then there is not much more you can do
one thing that does come up if the censor is up in the front ceiling and just above that is the aerial many get leaks that cause problems with the sensor and need to seal the leak and dry out the sensor
Ron

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.