Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 Kangoo which has lately started to lose power during driving. I have had it fully serviced and the mechanic can find nothing wrong. What happens is the car starts to pull back, as if dirt in the fuel line or something, and sometimes when I push the accelarator the revs will not increase for a few seconds, then they go up and down a few times, before finally being ok for a while :crazy:

Would anybody have any ideas what could be causing this?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
Hello & Welcome to the Forums Muttonhead.

I'm sure someone will be able to assist with your post shortly.

Regards

Ottoman

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
Hi Kittysun - if you give some deatils regarding the year and type of engine members may be able to offer some assistance. If you could explain exactly what is happening it would help further still:)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi, im having the same problem. seen a very good mechanic about it twice. even after wired up to fault tester hes still baffled, 2003 renault kangoo 1.5dci. the computer is reading EGR faults, but the EGR valve is fine. has happened 3 times now in the last 400 miles. always on a motorway generally after a while of cruising at about 70mph in 5th gear. a light comes on (electrical fault/water in fuel light) then car slowly loses power. before eventually stopping. after 10 mintues of rest on the hardshoulder it wil start again but often fails minutes later. the accelerator will rev but there's just no power in the revs and a strange 'scraping noise from the engine'. bizare problem because it seems to 'sort itself out' after 15 minutes only to reoccur again a few hundred miles later. so evertime a mechanic looks at it its working fine!! its infuriating as i need my van for work, but cant keep breaking down whenever i go on motorways. only thing i can think of is some loose wiring somewhere, but surely this is not the answer. if anyone knows anything of this please help me out!! many thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts