Independent Renault Forums banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
If its the same as the clio then as far as I can determine its back to renault for another £48 sting. Its the car ecu that needs programming to the new key - not the other way round.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Many thanks, don't mind £48 so much if it gets the key to work, but Renault know what they're doing don't they!!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
We'll my key now wont lock the car (something rattling around inside the card?) called AA out who said go to main dealer........key being ordered from France with 5/10 day lead time at a cost of £145 plus having to pay for hire car and mine can't be left on the street!

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Jedd
this is a known common fault covered in this forum it is a micro switch that has come loose and there was a guy on *bay who fixes them for £20 or if you do a search you'll find a how to fix with pics.
Please everyone have a look through the forum first as all these type of faults have been discussed and fixes posted.

·
Super Moderator
43,291 Posts
Jedd
this is a known common fault covered in this forum it is a micro switch that has come loose and there was a guy on *bay who fixes them for £20 or if you do a search you'll find a how to fix with pics.
Please everyone have a look through the forum first as all these type of faults have been discussed and fixes posted.
Gary at the link below may be able to assist:)

http://www.keyrepair.co.uk/index.htm

·
Registered
1 Posts
Clio 2 - Key Coding for Remote and Immob.

Hi, I recently obtained a spare RF Clio remote key from Ebay for my 2002 Clio 2 to replace the lost spare key. The key looks identical to my remaining key and according to the Ebay seller was originally from an 02 Clio 2! So far so good! I have now contacted two Renault main dealers and an independent auto security firm; all claim that this 'new' key cannot be programmed into my ECU (for immobiliser and remote) because it has already been used on another car. They tell me they would have to obtain a new 'virgin' key from Renault France and have the ECU programmed to match for £150. I am very sceptical about this; also it seems to contradict many posts on this forum. Does anyone have definitive knowledge on this? Is Renault (and others) simply trying to maximise their profits or is what I'm asking technically impossible? I welcome your views.
If you have the right kit then you can unlock a used remote key and use it, I am an auto locksmith and have been doing this for years without any problems

·
Premium Member
14,635 Posts
My local cobbler cuts and programs keys for my 2002 Scenic, standard key, no buttons to unlock doors around £45 programmed to start car.
If you want I will find out what system he uses.

Original working key needed and programmed one made from that.

:)

·
Registered
283 Posts
Flipping hell, I can do one for £16 , and think I am being robbed
Even for the Megane/Scenic 3 ? because I find the "super cheap" blank Key Cards really unreliable.

They will start the car, but locking/unlocking and hands free access often don't work.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts