Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a renault laguna 01 which is not startin so i changed the battery, it work for a day then wouldnt start again... My mechanic said he thought it was the starter however i have noticed that when i push start it i can stop and start it as many times as i want and it starts first time but when i take the key out and go to start it again it wont start... anyone got any ideas please

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.:)

Which engine does your Laguna have?.

What happens when it won't start?.Does it just churn over on the starter or does it appear to do nothing at all?.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hi its a 1.6 petrol, i here a click the first couple off times then nothing at all... thank you for gettin back to me

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
Then I think your mechanic is thinking along the right lines,although it will be a corroded/loose connection to the starter from the small wire running from the ignition system.:)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks... my thinkin was why once its push started can i stop and start it no problem ie 10 times and it starts no bother but once i take the key out and put it back it to start it wont start... so i was thinkin it was something to do with the key but then i know nothing about cars... thanks

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
You need to have the feed to the wire to the starter checked,if it gets a feed and the car won't start then it's down to the starter,if there is no feed then it's something in the card/card reader.

I'd say that in 90% of cases on Renault 16 valve petrol engines it's a connection issue on the starter,they are sods for it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i saw that with other peoples posts was tryin to find out if i should suggest that to him, however he is a good mechanic never sticks the arm, i know he is one off the good ones, thanks for the advice

1 - 9 of 9 Posts