Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Thought I'd post some piccies as I was doing this job and someone asked how to do it the other day. Every little helps.

I would imagine this proceedure is then same for Mk1 Ph1/2 and for both climate control and heater dials but, please correct me if I am wrong.

Firstly, remove ashtray and unclip gear lever gator. You will need to undo the two torx screws shown at top of picture and push out clips (from behind) shown at bottom of picture. You can then simply pull the ashtray housing out;

Next, remove the radio/cd player and tray from their housing and undo the four torx screws that are shown in the picture (two revealed when the ashtray housing was removed and two revealed when the radio/cd player was removed). The housing can then be pulled forwards, down and out;

Lastly, there are two bolts on the underside of the climate control unit that need to be undone. I used a 9/32 socket to undo these. Once they are removed the climate control unit can be pulled down and out allowing you to unplug;

Just remember to catch and screws or bolts that you remove so as they do not fall into the centre console abyss. That'll mean having to take the car apart further to retrieve the screws/bolts.

Hope this may be of help to someone. Thought I'd post it as the last owner of my car had obviously tried to lever the unit out, hence why I need a new one.

·
RIP 31-12-2008
5,807 Posts
Nice post scatz, very useful and thanks for the input and your time to do this
Regards Leroy

Still like the song :d

·
Premium Member
12,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice post scatz, very useful and thanks for the input and your time to do this
Regards Leroy

Still like the song :d
Well there's not much I can give towards helping folk as I'm not very mechanically minded and as I've certainly received alot of help from others in my time here I thought I could give something back, however small;) .

Thanks Leroy:)

·
Premium Member
3,499 Posts
Thanks scatz. Previously, I was using the fact that the Haynes bible is a bit vague, but I guess I've got no excuse for not sorting out my heater control backlighting now! :eek:

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi
have been trying all afternoon to remove climate control unit to replace backlight bulb on 1998 lagune 1.
have followed Hayes and the Pics on the post, but can not see how the radio housing can be removed without removing the entire gear cover housing, unlike the pics its trapped behind the housing cover.
also i have tried to look under the control unit for the 2 screws, but view is restricted by the retractable flap of the radio cover, but i can not see 2 screws.
mine looks slightly different from the pics on the post.
any help !!!!:mad:

·
Premium Member
12,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Did you get any further Peter?

Post up some pics of your centre console if you are able to and I'll see if I can assist :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello. i need to tell me if you know any store that i could buy this climate control panel.
i have exactly the same only that is black and i break the display screen by mistake.
i am searching weeks now to find the part number but no luck at all. please let me know if you know something to help so i can replace it.
thank in advance.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
12,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi Petros and welcome.

Unfortunately, I don't now have the car so couldn't tell you what the part number is. When I sourced a replacement for mine I had to scour all the car breakers in the country through the wonders of the world wide web.

You don't say where you are in your profile. You could try contacting Renault directly to see if such a part can be ssourced via them but I imagine if it could be you'd pay a premium for one.

For mine in the UK I input "parts gateway" into Google search and eventually found a breaker in this country who had one but it was no easy task to find one :crazy:

Good luck in your search and I'm sorry I couldn't be much more help!

·
Registered
10 Posts
These bolt are situated about 2 inches in from the fascia and are hidden from view.......... unless you have a small head!!!

You will need a 9/32 socket with an extension bar to access them.

The panel should drop down ith a bit of force and the bulb is situated in the top, its recessed down so you will need some twezzers or some long nosed pliers to tease it out.

The bulb is the exact same one as is required in the instrument panel.

509T T5.

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
I have just this minute changed the bulb in the air/con display.
I had the same problem with the unit that holds the stereo, it needs to come out from the bottom first, but the bottom is behind the gear cover housing, but with some leverage up under the fascia and down on the gear housing it popped out OK.
the two threaded bolts are very much hidden, but can be felt on the far left and right and are countersunk so very hard to see, once they had been removed the air/con display dropped out.
I haven't put the stereo compartment back yet, as it's to dark to work, will continue tomorrow.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts