Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a few chip marks on the metalic grey part of my back bumper does anyone know the best colour to match it .

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
I have a few chip marks on the metalic grey part of my back bumper does anyone know the best colour to match it .

I believe it is called Flint, No idea where you would get the colour from.

I'm sure a member will advise us off an appropriate colour match as I could do with some to cover scratches on my Scenic IIs trim .

Regards

Ottoman

:)

·
Premium Member
2,710 Posts
You should be able to get the paint from a dealer.
I keep meaning to ask our dealer as we have a few scuffs on our back bumper, but never get around to asking them.

We had a door trim moulding repaired by Renault Rapide (Smart repair) they polished out scratches on the door, filled and sprayed the moulding for £16.
It would have cost me that just for an unpainted door moulding trim!

If you look really closely you can see they texture isn't quite the same as the original but even I have to look hard and I know which trim it is.

·
Premium Member
2,710 Posts
Not according to our dealer - at least not for the Laguna.
He said they would have to get a black one and spray it in flint for us!
It would have still worked out a lot more to get a new moulding anyway, even if it was already flint.

Perhaps the Scenic mouldings are different - the Laguna ones are definately black painted flint as when ours got damaged it scrapped the flint paint off - leaving it black underneath.

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
MM My Scenic IIs Mouldings came ready painted in flint, The old ones were black underneath.. Very inconsistent Renault mm

·
Premium Member
209 Posts
There was a tin of spray paint on e-bay the other week advertised for any of the Renaults. Item number: 200080084857
Went for £8.50 + £3.00 P&P
Contacted our local renault dealer and advised they do not sell any for the mouldings and would have to buy replacements, which for the rear is a set of 3 at about £135 - you cannot buy just the 1.

·
Premium Member
169 Posts
I have a Laguna 2 Sports tourer and am interested in replacing the plastic mouldings on the rear bumper. Are they easy to fit yourself, are they just clipped in? I don't think you should have to remove the rear bumper to do this but I maybe wrong.

·
Premium Member
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
bumper

Hi there they come in 3 bits remove the middle part first then unclip it from the bumper the side bits are the same , sorry remember to undo the torx screws that hold them on you can find them under your boot seal rubber.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts