Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had the car 5 weeks, keep getting intermitent faults ANTI-POLUTION FAULT, FUEL INJECTION FAULT, ESP FAULT - telling me to contact Renault dealer, These are very intermitent faults but when they kick in, car shuts down or if that does'nt happen the car will act like a turtle and travel at a massive 15mph. Most mornings car is fighting to start and sounds like its mis-firing, if the car starts it seems to be ok, if it does not start first time all of the above faults kick in. They do clear after a period of time, Anyway its booked in at my local Renault garage......fingers crossed

·
Administrator
17,109 Posts
Hello Olaycalf & welcome.

It might be worth perusing some of these posts so you can see that you're not the first to have had such problems with this engine type...it might help you decide whether to throw money at the car - or dispose of it now.

http://www.renaultforums.co.uk/search.php?searchid=3174714

HTH

Paul

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers Paul

Like i put i had it in at Renault and they did find the faults, and as a result they want just over £2000 to fix it, looks like most of the answers on this site are way off the mark, when it comes to intermitent ESP/INJECTION/ANTI-POL FAULTS. Unless im just a one off case, anyway guys the car is going and a new one will be bought defo not a Renault

·
Administrator
17,109 Posts
I must admit to only dipping my toe into the Renault water just the once - and after it was bitten off, I learned my lesson.

Best of luck with your next chariot.

Paul

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cheers M8ty

I forgot to mention Renault wanted £2000 to fix just one of the problems the overall cost to fix the skip was just under £3500, when the young chap phoned me to inform me of the good news i laughed down the phone at him when he said do you want us to carry out the work on it, lets just say ive got no toes or feet left now that im walking everywhere. from now on im buying a horse and cart

·
Administrator
17,109 Posts
£3500 to repair it? You an get a pretty decent car buy spending that much - throw the same sum at your Laguna, and you've got a ticking timebomb until its time to haemorrage more cash...

Horse & cart looks good to me, the price of fuel these days.

Paul

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The result to the Diagnostic check by Renault.....CARRIED OUT DIAGNOSTICS AND FOUND SEVERAL FAULTS RELATING TO THE AIR TEMP SENSOR AND THROTTLE BODY - CARRIED OUT IN DEPTH DIAGNOSTICS FOUND WATER INGRESS INTO THE INJECTION COMPUTER AND THROTTLE BODY - THIS LOOKS TO HAVE BEEN CAUSED BY WATER TRACKING DOWN A WIRING LOOM - VEHICLE WILL REQIURE A NEW INJECTION COMPUTER , THROTTLE BODY AND ENGINE BAY WIRING HARNESS.....total price £3356.06p.......so for all you with esp fault, fuel injection fault, anti-polution fault, read the above, Oh the car would work fine in the summer or on a nice dry day, any wet day not a chance in hell,

Regard
Horse & Cart Owner

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have had this problem many times, and have had to call out the AA to reset the computer so that the engine would run correctly.
The Anti-Pol light kept on coming on, the engine revs and power would drop off and end up chugging along.
Having had many diagnostics and going to Renault who charged me for resetting the computer and reprogramming it again (didn't work btw) I stumbled on a simple diagnostic method myself and have pinned the issue down to the Cruise Control Switch adjacent to the gearstick.
When this is switched on and Cruise Control is used, it seems to interrupt the engine management system.
Since resetting the last time, I have not used Cruise Control and the issue has NOT re-materialised.

Where the exact fault lies by combining the Cruise Control and Engine Management inside the computer god only knows but this has sorted my issue finally

1 - 8 of 8 Posts