Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys
i have a 2004 1.9 diesel priveledge and it failed mot for cracked windscreen however my friend works for his dads autoglass company and did me a screen for free!....whilst this is well nice of him he fitted the older version i believe, and its hard to have a whinge at him considering it was free, the bracket where the rain sonsor goes is way to big for mine as mine is the stubby rounded/rectangular one with a single sensor in the middle....part number is 8200063060 and was hoping if anyone knows if i can just get the older bigger one and fit that instead?...will the plug be the same?....thnks:d

·
Premium Member
794 Posts
Re: laguna 2 rain sensor/windscreen theory

Hi.

The older sensor is ONLY a rain sensor. Whereas yours is a rain AND light sensor. The older Laguna only had auto wipers and only gained automatic headlights in 2004 when it changed over to your type of sensor. Therefore I highly doubt that a change is sensor would be possible. You will lose your auto lights and might confuse the car electronically :(

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: laguna 2 rain sensor/windscreen theory

Hi.

The older sensor is ONLY a rain sensor. Whereas yours is a rain AND light sensor. The older Laguna only had auto wipers and only gained automatic headlights in 2004 when it changed over to your type of sensor. Therefore I highly doubt that a change is sensor would be possible. You will lose your auto lights and might confuse the car electronically :(
thanks for the reply i figured as much and to be honest i can totally live without these features but i just like things to be right were possible...i will never sell the car as my wife loves it so i guess if it ever needs another screen i will pay for the right one!! thanks again

1 - 3 of 3 Posts