Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
Re: laguna 1.9 dci

Hello and welcome to the forum.:)

You can bleed the clutch without using any special tools,but it would help if you had either a pressure bleeder to initially push the fluid through the master cylinder down to the slave cylinder,or a small vaccum bulb to connect to the bleed nipple to gently pull the fluid through.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Re: laguna 1.9 dci

HI,

I had the same problem with mine when i chnaged the engine, All me and my brother did was attach a bit of pipe to the bleed opening, and then with one of you pressing the pedal down the other sucks on the pipe, this gets the fluid moving and you get a pedel, need to do this a few times as it was ok then would loose pressure, once it sorted had no issues with it since.

Before people say this is not the best way to do it, this was needed as needed to get the car back on the road ASAP, and after reading you can get these kits to pull the fluid through , all we did was the same but the old way of doing it.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Im just changing the gearbox on my laguna. Obviously Ive disconnected the clutch pipe that goes into the bell housing. Can i bleed this with it all connected or do i have to connect the pipe before and bleed it before i bolt the gearbox back on?

Cheers.

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
The gearbox needs refitting before you bleed the clutch.What I tend to do is bolt the gearbox back on with a couple of bolts,then bleed and check the clutch pedal feel before refitting anything else.That way,if there is a problem you don't have to completely strip everything apart again as you would have to do if you left the bleeding until last.

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
Hello,

I tried to bleed my Laguna MKII clutch but now the pedal is floppy as my...

I found the bleed nipple but it didn't want to turn so rather than snap it off I thought it better (and I think I read this somewhere) to simply pull the pipe out of the green clip and have a friend press the pedal down and up.

While I managed to get a fair bit of fluid to come out, the pedal is now floppy. I heard a little gurgling from the brake fluid reservoir when the pedal was pulled back up.

What trick am I missing to get pressure back?

Thanks!

Edit: I just tried turning the black plastic 18mm nut behind the nipple and it doesn't want to turn.

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
Help!

I just can't figure out this clutch bleeding system :mad:

What am I meant to do? Slacken the 'remaining nut' and then un-do the bleed nipple?

Why does the plastic housing have a nut shape on it? What is clip 3 doing?

I wonder if it is possible to take out that plastic housing along with the bleed nipple so I can get the bleed nipple un-done (difficult to access on car) and then reinstall it all to bleed the system. Can that plastic housing be removed and how?

If I can't get the bleed nipple open can I bleed the system by manually pulling the pipe in and out while someone depressed the clutch? Should this be done at the point where it is removed in the picture or at the green connector?

Seriously, I'm confused by this whole part and I can't use my car!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts