Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
clutch slipping

when driving normaly the car is fine, but when i put the foot down the engine revs but it seems the clutch is slipping there is no power going to the wheels. i read a few threads about the dual mass fly wheel could it be this. is it going to be expensive by the way the car has done 78000 miles

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
It sounds more like a worn clutch as my experience of flywheel problems are judder on clutch take up,or they can break which looses all drive altogether.

I've never replaced a clutch on a Lag 2,but have been told that the job is fairly involved.From memory the book time is around 7 hours and the clutch kit will be around £150,so it's not a cheap job.Hopefully someone with more Lag 2 experience than me can offer their thoughts.

·
Premium Member
499 Posts
the dual mass flywheel will clonk when idleing

·
Premium Member
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
my clutch is starting to slip i have done 79000 miles. i do mainly city driving. i was wondering if this was average or should i have got more miles.

·
Administrator
17,109 Posts
Hi there, if its primarily city driving, then I would say that its fairly average - some will no doubt claim to have got much further, but every driving situation/style is different, and it does make a difference.

I would say that 79,000 miles is an acceptable lifespan.

Paul:)

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
I'd be inclined to agree.:)

Clutch wear can vary wildly depending on driving style,but 79k is acceptable.I've seen clutches wear out in 9k,and some that have lasted 200k plus,it really does depend on many different factors.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts