Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,MY laguna has the fan on all the time. I checked the relay and its ok. Now I've to check the thermo switch? How to do that?
Anyone knows what is this? It is attached on the radiator.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
Which fan is on all the time?.Is it the radiator cooling fan or the heater fan?.

The part you have looks like the resistor for the radiator cooling fan,it runs at a reduced speed when the aircon is on to cool the condensor,then if the engine temperature rises about a set limit it can cut in at a higher speed to cool the radiator.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, is my cooling fan that is on all the time. with AC on and off doesn't Matter. Therm switch, how to check it? Thanks

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Usually the radiator fan works/blows at low speed/power. Today I removed the relay and the fan started blows very strongly as when the temperature is high, but the indicator on the dash always is no more than half. The mechanic said there is something else that is activating the relay, because one of its pin/leg has power on it and it shouldn't.:confused:
Any suggestion???

·
Registered
29 Posts
It could be a connector into the wiring, I had the same issue with my Super sports tourer, fan was always on, on looking further into found that the connector on the drivers side had come apart, plugged in back in again and the fan has stopped running whilst the enigne is running, only cuts in when goes past the set limit.

Can sometimes be the easy things that are overlooked that cause you problems

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
76 Posts
It could be a connector into the wiring, I had the same issue with my Super sports tourer, fan was always on, on looking further into found that the connector on the drivers side had come apart, plugged in back in again and the fan has stopped running whilst the engine is running, only cuts in when goes past the set limit.

Can sometimes be the easy things that are overlooked that cause you problems

Hope this helps.
do you have a picture of this connector as i have same problem , i took out the part shown above that is not the fault, when disconnected it stops the fan, but it must be something else that the loom is connected to ...

·
Registered
76 Posts
########SOLVED####
went looking for sticky relay's and found it was the 10a
small fuse near the relays next to battery :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Which fan is on all the time?.Is it the radiator cooling fan or the heater fan?.

The part you have looks like the resistor for the radiator cooling fan,it runs at a reduced speed when the aircon is on to cool the condensor,then if the engine temperature rises about a set limit it can cut in at a higher speed to cool the radiator.
Hi,

Is there supposed to be more than one fan? Got the same problem fan on continuously) on my 2002 Laguna 1.6, 16v but I can only see one big fan on the engine side of the radiator.I am assuming that this does both-AC and engine cooling. Is that correct?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts