Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Took my car to a dealer for doagnostics as the engine management light came on - was told that there is a hole in the PAP PRESSURE SENSOR PIPE (which is why the ECU comes up with the fault code - 'NO DPF FILTER') and a NEW SENSOR/PIPEWORK is required.

Since the PIPEWORK does not come by itself, I will have to buy a new FAP SENSOR alongwith it.

Is this true? Any advice will be appreciated and possible save me £430 on costs,

Many thanks
Kini

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
HOLE IN PAP PRESSURE SENSOR PIPE - laguna

Dear All,

I took my Dci 2007 Reg Laguna to the dealer for diagnostics - as the 'engine management light' had come on with the 'check emissions' message on the screen. They said it came up with the code 'No DPF Filter' - they have found a HOLE in the PAP PRESSURE SENSOR PIPE before the DPF Filter - Recommendation from dealer is to change the PAP SENSOR/PIPEWORK - as the pipework does not come by itself - costing £430 in total.

I am not sure if I can avoid buying the FAP SENSOR and can get the PIPEWORK only from somewhere (would save money as the FAP SENSOR is not really needed and only the PIPEWORK needs changing,

Your advice can save me money,

Many thanks
Kini

D

·
0 Posts
Re: HOLE IN PAP PRESSURE SENSOR PIPE - laguna

posting twice doesn't get more replies

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts

You left two sarcastic/useless/brainless replies so whats your excuse?.:rolleyes:

Anyway,

I apologise for the above members rudeness,hopefully this reply will bring some more constructive help for you Kini.:)

I must admit,I'd be surprised if there was a hole in the pipework for the FAP sensors but someone may have come across this before.

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
As the damaged component cannot be bought on its own then you options may be to try and get a second hand unit or have the existing one repaired.

The FAP can be troublesome at the best of times. I do believe one member of the forum has had the FAP removed and the ECU remapped to suit. But if I remember correctly the cost was less than the new replacement option.

Sorry but I cannot find the relevant post but it may be a possibility worth exploring. If I came across the post I'll post up a link.:)

·
Premium Member
941 Posts
The pipe is moulded to the pressure sensor, that's why they cannot be separated, google elite remaps i think they do fap removal and a reprogram, it means replacing front pipe with one of a standard non fap type, there is reports though it is not totally successful and may result in the odd warning light.

D

·
0 Posts

You left two sarcastic/useless/brainless replies so whats your excuse?.:rolleyes:

/QUOTE]

Scrapyard for another unit?
And other reply was posted in another post that was started with the same title.
HTH

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Could any of the moderators please delete this thread as it has been posted twice in error, do apologise.
Regards,
Kini

·
Registered
1 Posts

Hi,
Had my 2006 Laguna 1.9DCI in the main dealer today. The car went in with a "check ignition" warning. He quickly came back with "damage to one of the pipes around the FAP filter. He replaced them by brazing in new replacement sections. Touch wood no light since. Repair was 200euro, largely labour as he was at it for two hours.

Adrian

1 - 10 of 10 Posts