Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Banned
30,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys I know this subjects been talked to death on here but guess what unless I've missed something, my P filter housing seems to be different!!

I've being trying to check out my pollen filter, I've looked at "some" of the other threads on here & the Haynes manual too, I've got the glove box out but there are no bolts on the filter to remove, I can see a spring clip on the one extreme near side see pic.

I removed this clip Ziinngg !!!! It took an age to find where it went. :d

Is there another clip on the opposite of the pollen filter housing? I can't see one, and I can't feel one either. If there is how the divil do you get it off when it can't be seen.

Thanx hondo

·
Premium Member
764 Posts
DO NOT remove the clips!

On the 2005 Laguna onwards the screws wern't fitted to the filter cover. In the picture the rectangular filter cover slides to the right.. It can be tight and may need to be drifted slightly to release the retainers..

·
Banned
30,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
DO NOT remove the clips!
Whoops I removed the one, but couldnt see the other.

On the 2005 Laguna onwards the screws wern't fitted to the filter cover. In the picture the rectangular filter cover slides to the right.. It can be tight and may need to be drifted slightly to release the retainers..
Thanx WebCode, I'll take another look at it tomorrow. :)

:beer: :beer:

·
Banned
30,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
2005 Pollen Filter

Pollen filter

For anyone that doesn't know, on the 2005 Lag its the front knobbly looking plastic bit, that comes off.

I tried tapping it off to the right, it didn't seem to want to go, I found it easier and a lot less noisy to pull it gently off with a pair of pliers.

BTW for clarity I took a pic but didn't notice at the time, I was holding the front panel, upside down. :eek:

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
Nice work Hondo.:).

What sort of state was the filter in?

·
Banned
30,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice work Hondo.:).

What sort of state was the filter in?
Thanx Lag.

TBH it was almost like new, I dunno if you recall I posted about 6 months or so back about having the 18K service and 3ish k miles later had to take the car back because the heater was rubbish. Our friends at Renault told me the PF was shat. I ended up having to contact RCC because I felt this should have been replaced at the 18k service. To cut a long story short, RCC told the dealer they must replace it FOC.
Until today I didn't really believe they did, but now I do. :)

·
Banned
910 Posts
Is The Pollen Filter Behind Glove Box On Mine As In Haynes Stated Engine Bay Bulkhead But Removed All Of It There And Nowhere For It To Go Any Help Appreciated

·
Banned
30,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
swfcowl5 I don't know where it is on Megane this thread is Lag 2 2005 specific.

I've had a 98 Lag1 the P/ filter was under the front scuttle below the passenger side windscreen. On the Lag 2 05. it is behind the glove box, it's worth a look, the glove box is no biggi to take out. :)

·
Banned
910 Posts
thanks for the help had a look in both places and cant see anywhere it goes

·
Registered
37 Posts
Thought I'd reply to this after buying my Laguna GT Sports Tourer.

Trader is a bit of an **** and looks like I'm gonna have to court to honour his Warrenty.

Anyway a few pic's of my Pollen Filter, helped by the How to on here :)

Makes me wonder if its ever been changed at all!

·
Registered
29 Posts
mine was very similar to that when i removed the one on my 04 lag II lots of leafs and a very black filter why dont people seem to replace these?

·
Banned
30,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
mine was very similar to that when i removed the one on my 04 lag II lots of leafs and a very black filter why dont people seem to replace these?
I'd guess the car never gets a pucka service & the owner is unaware that the pollen filter is there.

That's when Renault become the easy escape route for a poor design. :crazy:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Well I wouldn't say poor design, this took 10mins and I've never replaced one before. I think it's just laziness on the dealer / trader when servicing. Blower is working great now and just to add some freshness a aircon bomb thingy to clear out the viruses ;)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi,
I had identical trouble with my 52 reg Scenic which worked 100% after changing th pollen filter, which looked as though it had been in there since new.
I renewed the blocked pollen filter on my latest Renault acquisition viz., Scenic II Dynamique 1.9dci at a cost but it's made very little difference. Unlike the 52 reg this car has Climate Control. The heater blower is going like the clappers but wouldn't even ruffle a newspaper page on the floor, unlike the 52 Scenic where it would have been blown out the door or under the seat! I've got the Haynes manual but am still unable to comprehend how the system works as there is no schematic diagram. There isn't anything to go on in the Renault handbook either.
The heater matrix is really hot, as is the blower housing but it looks like I'm in for another cold journey today until somebody can come up with a solution.
Thanks a lot for your replies, they really are appreciated. Ron H.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I know this has been done to death, but I was interested in WebCode/Hondo discussing the fact that the 2 screws on the pollen filter cover were not fitted on some models, and the cover had to be drifted or slid to the right to remove it. Well I've been trying to persaud my screwless cover to drift or slide to the right so much that it's starting to lose plastic! It just wont have it. Short of violence that I fear will seriously damage it, is there a technique to get it to shift? I have a 54 Lag 2 Sports Tourer by the way, I noted that the screws were supposed to be missing from 05 onwards, but definitely none on mine.
:confused:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi WebCode,
I know this has been done to death, but I was interested in the thread and chat you and Hondo had some time back now discussing the pollen filter on the Lag 2 and the fact that the 2 screws on the pollen filter cover were not fitted on some models, and the cover had to be drifted or slid to the right to remove it. Well I've been trying to persaud my screwless cover to drift or slide to the right so much that it's starting to lose plastic! It just wont have it. Short of violence that I fear will seriously damage it, is there a technique to get it to shift? I have a 54 Lag 2 Sports Tourer by the way, I noted that the screws were supposed to be missing from 05 onwards, but definitely none on mine.
Any help welcome, I know this is on an old thread, and appreciate anything you can remember on it.

nthomp

·
Premium Member
1,694 Posts
Pull on the inside cover (with the parts of plastic you can grip)

Get a pair of block pliers and pull it out. Don't be scared to use force.

·
Premium Member
2,861 Posts
For those with the screwed on version you need a 7/32 hex socket; needs to be on a ratchet to get to the one on the far side as its behind the dash. The screw holding the glove box in is small torx bit. Just swapped mine out. Not too many leaves but recent sunroof blockage may have damaged it via damp so figured was worth doing now I've unblocked the sunroof with a length of coax :)

Got a generic part off ebay rather than the normal Bosch part from GSF. Much weedier construction, will see how it goes and maybe change next time sooner...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/270954553858

:d

1 - 20 of 26 Posts