Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
11,646 Posts

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
My IDE takes 5W40 Fully Synth. How many miles are you on? If quite low (<80K) then might be worth doing a flush.

Keep oil changes to 12K (not the 18K) and use injector / valve cleaners regularly.

If you replace the plugs then make sure they are the correct extra length ones (my 9 year old is still on the originals, however).

Good engine but sometimes let down by faulty German engineering (high pressure fuel regulator)

Ian

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
hi,its done 78,000 and i am using redex every other week when i fill up to keep injectors clean,which flush and plugs would you recommend ? cheers.
Really can't say on the plugs - I don't think there are many options.

I used Wynns flush on mine at 45K. The tappets were really noisy for a few seconds after I started it on the new oil.

Ian

·
Administrator
11,646 Posts
I'd only ever use genuine plugs with this engine. I've read stories of incorrect plugs being fitted causing misfires under load / heave acceleration.

I used Wynns flush on mine at 45K. The tappets were really noisy for a few seconds after I started it on the new oil.

Ian
That would probably be because there was no oil left in the tappets / top of the engine as it been flushed out by the engine flush and it took a few seconds for the new oil to circulate.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.