Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
GUYS HAVE HUGE PROBLEM

WAS CLEANIGN OUR NEW CAR ( laguna estate 2001 ) and whilste doing the center must have pressed cental look WITH ENGINE RUNNING BECAUSE BATTERIE LOWbutton.................after was cleanig door window .....closed door AND NOW I'M OUTSIDE THE CAR

HOW DO I GET IN ......THE FUNNY KEY DOESN'T GET IN DEEP ENOUGH TO UNLOOK DOOR :devil: :confused:

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
Hi beat - has the key a groove on one side - the key should go in all the way and try gently in both directions. can you get a shot of WD40 into it - as the key is raely used it tends to become very stiff:) Have you a spare key:)

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Hi Noel.........

Key Has No Groove..........but A Little +in A Circle On One And A- On The Other Side

ONE KEY IS IN THE CAR.........THE OTHER ONE IN MY HAND.........
IS THERE NO ELECTRONIC TRICK

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wd 40 Is In Progress Since 1 Hour .......doesn't Change Things............ Was Thinking Of Cutting Petrol Pipe .........but Is A Biiiig Mess

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
Hi Beat looks like you have a blank key and all the farting about won't help. Unlees you can get a spare key your cheapest option may be to break one of the small quarterlight windows and lower the window and push the switch with a stick or reach in if you can. A replacement window can be picked up from a scrapper.:)

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Have you tried the emergency key in the passenger door?
YEP........doesn't work the way it should........
am breaking in in a minute..........had to get food first........but will try to bend windowframe outwards with help of alu boards........verrrryyy geennntly

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
THANKS LADS ........I DID IT

:) :)
the idea with getting to the window switch really helped......... did bend the frame out gently and pushed a square elecrical conduct through and reached the button......ufff .....what a drama

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
Hi Beatmeier - glad to hear you got sorted - which door frame did you spring open and did you get it back into shape OK. I think we have all learnt a lesson from your mistake. As a matter of interest how many keycards do you have and how many useable emergency keys.:)

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Hi Beatmeier - glad to hear you got sorted - which door frame did you spring open and did you get it back into shape OK. I think we have all learnt a lesson from your mistake. As a matter of interest how many keycards do you have and how many useable emergency keys.:)
did bend the passenger door frame....with a alu board 200mm*200mm and a couple of rubber coatet handles of differen tools ......slowly pulled frame out bit by bit and always secured progress ..until managed to stuff electrical cundct trouhg gap to press window switch....... after frame moved back to its old position without damage..............* two scratches on inside of doorframe......touchup will do:d

have two keycards......each has a FUNNY KEY........what is not really a key. or is it or no or whaaaat .........it's a screwdriver that doesn't fit any screws........

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
Hi Beatmier - Glad you got sorted - now i know what to do in an emergency - I bet it never happens to you again though. The emergency key to open the passenger door should have a a wiggly slot about 4mm wide down one side - if not - it is a blank - as far as I know only renault can cut this key although many good keysmiths can duplicate them.:)

·
Administrator
21,719 Posts
Noel,

Has the passenger door handle only got the emergency key slot in it for use incase the keycard batteries go flat and not the drivers side too ?

Only reason I ask is I checked the drivers door handle yesterday (after reading this thread) and could see no way of lifting the cover up to put the emergency key in.

I must admit I didnt check the passenger side.

Cheers

·
Premium Member
6,475 Posts
It's definitely on the passenger side only, which is a bit dim if you ask me. If you park your car right next to something (a wall, or in my case, a caravan) you could end up in a wonderful situation of there being no way to open the door without moving the car, and no way of moving the car without opening the door :crazy:

No doubt it's on the driver's side on the LHD models, which makes more sense.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts