Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Laguna II 1.9dci is suffering from loss of electrical power while the engine is off. It happens at random intervals. If the car alarm is alarmed, while the car is suffering from power loss, the car cannot be unlocked. The alarm LED on the dashboard fails to flash. At intervals of 1-2 minutes the right indicator light will briefly flicker. This is the only time the car will respond to an unlock/disarm request. I have had the car with the main dealer twice who say they cannot find any problems?? If I leave the car disarmed and come back later and open the door, the interior\door lights do not come on as well suggesting the problem is generally with the car electrics. I have been told the battery is ok. Once the car has been disarmed or the car detects that the interior lights should be on after a couple of minutes, the car then works fine. Has anyone else suffered from this problem or have any idea how to fix it?

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
Check the glove bopx light also you can tell if its not going off it will be very hot if on for a while.

Regards

Ottoman

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have checked the boot light and have not found it to be faulty. The glove compartment light is not working. Could this cause the problem?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Long shot if you still have a problem, could be lose 20 AMP fuse behind the ashtray or a power problem to and from here. But is a long shot. be careful removing this fuse as it has the same effect, on certain things, as removing the battery.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts