Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My scruffy Laguna II has been replaced - the MOT is due on the 29th, the insurance expires on the 24th & I won't be putting the car through the MOT as it'll fail immediately on the tyre pressure monitor (needs at least 2 new sensors). One of the Xenon headlight bulbs needs replacing, the drivers side rear electric window doesn't work (although I do have a spare motor / mechanism). The central locking is temperamental, there is no spare wheel cover / floor in the boot; the electric front seats won't move forwards or backwards & the sat nav has the typical aerial connection issue. It drinks /burns a little oil, so no idea whether it needs anything done on the emissions front... But... It runs, the stereo works, it has leather upholstery, panoramic sunroof etc etc and so I'd rather not just send it to a scrap yard. A scrap merchant has offered £150 for it - if someone wants to give it a good home or even just to take it for spares for their own car, feel free to match that price & it's yours.

It's a 2.0 Turbo Initiale with 6 speed manual gear box - cosmetically it's seen better days, but it deserves better than a scrap merchant...

I'm based in West London (Uxbridge area)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
There's an 04 Vectra 2.2 SRi Estate in the same situation (although that hasn't been run for a year or so, so will need much love & attention to get it going). Cosmetically the Vectra looks much better both internally & externally. The Vectra has a suspected oil leak around the exhaust manifold & used to kick up the occasional engine warning light (potentially EGR valve related) - in addition to that (and probably a new battery) it'll need 2 tyres replaced (it has a very flat front drivers side tyre that has been flat for months & the passenger side front is on the space saver spare. That said, we do have the 4th alloy).

Again, we've been offered £150 from a scrap merchant, but this Vectra is probably far more salvageable (to someone that knows their stuff or is willing to do the work themselves). There's some minor damage to the passenger side rear wheel arch too (although due to where the car is parked, I can't get to it in order to get a photo - the car has no tax or MOT at present, so would need to be trailered away or otherwise recovered.

Please, please give either (or both) a good home...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts