Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a new laguna but no spare i am wondering what size of wheel i can use my tyre size is 215 50 17 can i use a 16 inch as spare or what size could i use in a spacesaver thanks

·
Premium Member
536 Posts
Re: laguna spare wheel

I see that the new Espaces are brochured as having a space-saver spare as a £75 option! Does that mean the option is to replace a standard wheel and tyre or is there no wheel and tyre fitted as standard?

For years manufacturers were battling each other by proudly announcig what they were fitting as standard were options by opposing companies, now it seems more assumed standard parts are becoming accessories again :crazy:

·
Premium Member
Scenic mk1ph2, RX4, ID35s11
5,254 Posts

you are going to need a 16" spare, 205/55R16 10 or 12 holes in the rim.
you need 16" as the brakes on the front are so large that 15" rims wont fit.
cheapest place for tyre and rim is a breakers yard, just be carefull about getting a worn spare, better off with a new/nearly new spare, they do turn up on written off cars.

·
Premium Member
582 Posts

i have a new laguna but no spare i am wondering what size of wheel i can use my tyre size is 215 50 17 can i use a 16 inch as spare or what size could i use in a spacesaver thanks
My car came with a 16" space saver. I have replaced it with a Lag III 17" alloy and 215/50 tyre which fits in the floor wheel well, modifying the compartment tray allows the boot carpet to lay flat over it all.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts