Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

I am wondering if it is possible to change the red LEDs in
the Aircon switch to blue ones and how easy is this to achieve?

Many thanks

Uri

·
Administrator
17,109 Posts
Hi there Uri, I must admit, I'm not sure if its simple enough to do, but another way to approach it (since I'm sure the LED's won't be coloured - but the lens will be), would be to recolour the lens. You may have to remove the switch to remove the red dye, and to apply the colour you wish.

Hope that helps.

Paul:)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi there Uri, I must admit, I'm not sure if its simple enough to do, but another way to approach it (since I'm sure the LED's won't be coloured - but the lens will be), would be to recolour the lens. You may have to remove the switch to remove the red dye, and to apply the colour you wish.

Hope that helps.

Hi Paul

How do I go about removing the switch as it seems to be a fixed unit within the consul?

·
Premium Member
2,710 Posts
If it IS an led it will be RED. Red & green leds are very cheap to produce & have been in use for years. Coloured ( white & blue) leds are quite a recent introduction ( certainly to the mass market as they were very expensive), but Blue & white leds are now a lot cheaper so readily available.

As velsatisfied says, it may be a coloured film on the switch itself.
Do you have manual air con or the climate control unit? The climate control unit certainly does have "leds" in the controls. Not sure if the manual air con version has clear bulbs or not.

I don't actually know how to remove the switches to gain access to the leds.

If you have the climate control panel it may become more obvious once you have the unit out. You may be able to get access from behind.

·
Administrator
17,109 Posts
Hi Paul

How do I go about removing the switch as it seems to be a fixed unit within the consul?
Hi Uri, I don't know how to go about that - it may be an idea to obtain the same item from a scrapped car which may indicate a safe procedure.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts