Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to this forum and i hope you can help, i have recently had the unfortunate need to change the axle bush's on my 03 laguna 1.8 petrol,:steam: (many thanks for all the advice on how to do it) i had to disconnect the brake lines to get the axle out, so while doing this i decided to change the pads on the rear, i have bled the brakes but they seem to still be very spongey and i cant seem to get them to feel firm, the brakes do work but they dont seem as responsive as they were previously. i have tried both manual bleeding and using a pressure bleeding kit, and i have gone through approx 1.5 litres of brake fluid, what am i doing wrong, any sugggestions would be appericiated.:confused:

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
Hi,

I'm sure someone with a more technical knowledge than myself will be able to assist you shortly .

Regards

Ottoman

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
In what condition are the rear discs?.If there are wear ridges on the outer edges of them,this will cause a spongy pedal until the pads wear to the shape of the discs.

Also,when you wind the caliper pistons back in,there is a nib in the pad that needs to line up with the slot in the piston.If this is not done it can cause similar problems.

Welcome to the forum,by the way.:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts