Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone newbie postin. Have just bought my first ever renault laguna dci 2001, been giggling at all the posts god i thought my last car had problems (jeep grand cherokee4L) Yep mine decided to change from miles to km too!! but living with that. Anybody know what kind of mileages these diesel engines are good for? a mate of a mate of a mate had one as a taxi ad seemingly had 340.000miles on it with just the usual things needed ( whole electrical system turbos etc)haha. Mine on 118.000 and seems to run well enough but after reading some of these posts ahhh well i will wait and see. Nice to hear form you all :moonie:

·
Administrator
17,109 Posts
Hi Diddly, and welcome.

Pretty much as everyone else has said - drive with mechanical sympathy (no racing at the lights, revving cold engines, etc) and a degree of preventative maintenance (regular servicing, plus frequent underbonnet fluid checks are a must, plus don't compromise the integrity of your car - fit good quality parts e.g. oil filters and so on).

If you look after your car, it will look after you.

Intergalactic mileages are nothing to be feared - all cars have the potential to do this, and owners/drivers can make such a difference one way or another to a car's lifespan.

All the best.

Paul:)

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
Hi Diddly - it depends on how it has been cared for and driven in the past and we rarely tend to hear of the success stories on this forum. A local taxi driver I know has just passes the 250,000 mile mark and still has the same clutch and fuel pump, etc but in all honesty he just doesn't abuse his car at any time but changes the oil and filter every 5,000 miles and the fuel filter every 10,000. His view is simply this - if I look after my car it will look after me and he relies on it to make his living.:)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
miles

yeh i thought they were known to be pretty good engines it would be fun if we could see all who are out there and what kind of high mileage wins ha:rolleyes:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts