Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
hi

i have a problem with my 2002 1.9dci.

recently everytime i park my car for more than a hour on a hill with nose upwards the car wont start, i have to pump up the fuel before it will start.
i think that the fuel maybe running back into the tank or losing pressure or somthing.
do anyone know of this problem?? any ideas would be greatful.

thanks
mike

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
Hi Mikey - sounds like the system is drawing in air or a non-return valve is sticking open allowing fuel to run back - check all the pipes going to and from the injectors - also when was the full filter last changed.:)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hi
thanks for the info, i have found the problem!!!

the fuel line running from the filter to the pump was rubbing against 1 of the plastic cable sheild, and worn away the plastic fuel line causing it to leak, thats another reason why 1 tank of fuel only gets me on more than 400 miles.

hey i've noticed my car producing a lot of smoke these days any ideas?

thanks
mike

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
Hi Mkey - the smoke problem could be the result of a sticking or duff EGR valve - have a search through the forums and see if any posts have similar symptoms. Glad you got the leak sorted - it strange with diesels wherby they can draw air into the system without showing signs of a fule leak.:)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Mkey - the smoke problem could be the result of a sticking or duff EGR valve - have a search through the forums and see if any posts have similar symptoms. Glad you got the leak sorted - it strange with diesels wherby they can draw air into the system without showing signs of a fule leak.:)
yeah your right i didnt think of fuel leak at all cos the car runs fine, only thing i noticed was that the consumpion was getting higher and higher!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts