Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Unlocked car today only to find the immobiliser still on after inserting keycard fully. I played around with it for a while, locking/unlocking it and eventually for some unexplained reason it accepted the card and started.

After returning home however it refuses to work with the immobiliser staying on. I've tried the spare keycard and the same thing happens.

Any suggestions since I can't get it to a garage!

I HATE this car!

·
Tourerman
4,838 Posts
Chris was just trying to help you, as you did not get any answers he posted on your thread so your thread got bumped up to the top again.

It got me confused when he started doing this, good idea though

·
Registered
6 Posts
same happened to mine m8 don't have a clue whats up can't get it to a garage either its just sitting in my drive, if you find a solution plz reply

·
Registered
11 Posts
Card reader

Hi

Try disconnecting the battery and leave it for a good couple of hours, remember radio code! Worked for me! The system does get confused sometimes and needs a reset.

Hope this helps

Mark

·
Registered
5 Posts
Laguna II - Immobiliser Light on constantly

I am having a problem with my Immobiliser - help !

I can open and lock the car with the keycard no problems
(keycard battery is 1 month old) once inside the car lights/horn/radio etc. all operate. When I insert the card into the reader the red immobiliser light flashes briefly then goes on constant, no other dash lights come on and the car cannot be started.
I have noticed that the steering lock is not on - even with the key card removed so I am wondering if this has confused the immob unit ?

Things I've tried:
1. Disconnected the battery for a few mins. - no change
2. Re-seated the Fuse 2 10A (ALIM UCH) ECU / Immob. - no change.

Things I'm going to try tommorow:
3. Disconnect the battery for longer. (1hr maybe)
4. Remove an clean the card reader.

Any suggestions welcome.

·
Registered
54 Posts
You could try this reset procedure...can't be certain it will work though...
Remove the key-card; hold down the trip computer button on the end of the wiper-stalk and while keeping it pressed, put the key-card back in. This will then reset the computer and go through a test sequence. Remove the key-card to stop it.

·
Registered
64 Posts
My 1.9dci sport tourer did the same about 2 months ago and it was a duff battery. Car is a 02 and it still had the original battery on, The little window on the top of the battery should be green if it is in good working order (mine was black) , Fitted a new battery and problem solved.

·
Registered
5 Posts

An Update:
- Firstly thanks to Peking97, madnoel10, and Tri955i for your suggestions.

I tried the computer reset - holding in button while inserting card. This appears to do nothing I don't see any dash lights
- other than the red immob dot on constant.

I have disconnected the battery overnight. - this made no difference.

I have tried an additional battery connected via jump leads ( incase the battery is low or Duff.) - this made no difference.

I have removed the card reader and taken the cover off there are 2 microswitches inside all appears OK but testing it is probably beyond my skills.

Currently I am going to contact my local Renault dealers for assistance on Monday. I am also going to try and locate another card reader from a breakers.

The saga continues....

·
Registered
5 Posts

The Conclusion of my saga...

I managed to tow the car to my local Renault dealership.
[one saving grace luckily the steering lock was not on and did not activate during the tow.]

The fault was diagnosed as a problem with the coded electronic steering lock. This was replaced and the car is operational again. :)

The down side :mad: New steering lock £240.00 with labour and the dredded VAT the final bill was £600.00

I hope you do not experience this problem. ;)

They also discovered my A/C evaps leak and this could cost £1K to Fix. - My advice thoroughly check the car over if your thining of buying a used Laguna.!

·
Registered
1 Posts
You could try this reset procedure...can't be certain it will work though...
Remove the key-card; hold down the trip computer button on the end of the wiper-stalk and while keeping it pressed, put the key-card back in. This will then reset the computer and go through a test sequence. Remove the key-card to stop it.
I have been having the same problem. I have just tried this reset and now it all seems fine. Thanks for the gen

·
Registered
3 Posts
hi , my laguna II had same problem , when i inserted key card i got nothing(just imob flashing) , i had to get a car lock guy out and we found it was the card reader at fault , there is 2 micro switches inside the reader that tell the car the card it inserted , if you pull ashtray out and pull card reader out and look on the back of it you will see a little gap in the plastic , if you look you can see a little red button inside , put keycard in and while card is inserted touch the little red button with a screwdriver or something , then try and start the car , if car starts it will pob be the card reader , i have just ordered one off ebay for mine , hope this helps

1 - 15 of 15 Posts