Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me how to take off the front door panel as I need to lube the runners on the front windows. Have tried spraying WD40 & fairy liquid with the window down. Cured the nearside squeak, offside window still sounds horrible and it's starting to **** me off!! Oh joy...

·
Let's be carefull out there
19,360 Posts
Once you have undone all the screws that hold the fittings on there will be plastic clips between the card and the door itself, pop them out with a blade. The skin on my Clio is also hung from the top so it lifts up to remove. Also you may find it is stuck to the door with a waterproof mastic. Under this is normally a plastic sheet to stop water ingress from door to car so remove carefully.

·
Premium Member
2,861 Posts
Once you have undone all the screws that hold the fittings on there will be plastic clips between the card and the door itself, pop them out with a blade. The skin on my Clio is also hung from the top so it lifts up to remove. Also you may find it is stuck to the door with a waterproof mastic. Under this is normally a plastic sheet to stop water ingress from door to car so remove carefully.
Does it matter if you don't replace the mastic? Will there be water ingress or more noise?

hmmmm...?

:confused:

·
Tourerman
4,838 Posts
I have just greased the runners on my Lag 11 front doors.

There is no plastic sheet fitted under the door covers on the Lag 11.

Carefully prise off the Black plastic door mirror cover inside the door, comes off easy.

There is no need to prise out the window switches.

Prise out the electric mirror switch and disconnect plug, easy.

Undo the screw for the door handle, screw under plastic cap.

undo 2 screws under the bottom of the panel.

Carefully use a flat screwdriver to lever off the panel, 2 or 3 plastic lugs each side of the panel.Lift the panel up and remove.

Remove the door light bulb asembly and the inside door handle cable, this will give you enough clearance to oil the runners.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts