Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The spare on my lag doesn't unlock the car, but it does start it if you put it in the ignition and start it. So I thought, microswitch fallen off.

Very carefully cut the card open, however the microswitch is firmly attached.

I did a bit of testing and found out if you bridge the two contacts on the lock button (Which works anyway) the red LED will light, however if i bridge the contacts on the unlock button I get no red light. This would seem to suggest that its not the microswitch at fault?

Help!

Huw

·
Premium Member
447 Posts
The spare on my lag doesn't unlock the car, but it does start it if you put it in the ignition and start it. So I thought, microswitch fallen off.

Very carefully cut the card open, however the microswitch is firmly attached.

I did a bit of testing and found out if you bridge the two contacts on the lock button (Which works anyway) the red LED will light, however if i bridge the contacts on the unlock button I get no red light. This would seem to suggest that its not the microswitch at fault?

Help!

Huw
Had exactly that problem on my key. Turned out to be one of the pins on the IC half way down the card. Thing is you couldn't see that the joint had broken.

Re-flowed the joints on the IC now good as new.

Ian

·
Premium Member
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Had exactly that problem on my key. Turned out to be one of the pins on the IC half way down the card. Thing is you couldn't see that the joint had broken.

Re-flowed the joints on the IC now good as new.

Ian
Spot on, if i press the ic down on to the board the button works. Just need to pluck up the courage to re solder the joints.

·
Premium Member
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How do I go about opening the card up, I bought a spare from ebay just to really change the casing on my rather bashed and bruised one.

Allan

I used a craft scalpel and just repeatedly scored down the edges of the card. It does take time and patience, dont rush it or you will likely end up snaping bits or damaging the pcb.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi all - I had the same problem with my key card.

Being a fat fingered fool, I didn't want to risk opening up the card myself so I used these guys : Renault Laguna Key Card Repair Keycard.

The service was excellent & Gary (the guy who did the repairs) was a pleasure to deal with.

Sent them my card on a Tuesday and had it back & fixed like new 2 days later, on Thursday.

Highly recommended. :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Laguna keycard repair

I also had my keycard repaired by Gary, I could'nt get it to lock my laguna. Luckily I only live 20 mins away from him, so he said I could bring it up, and he did it straight away. If anybody has a problem with their cards, get in touch with gary, its not worth messing about yourself for what he charges. He also gives excellent advice on the cars if you have a problem. [email protected] Highly recommended :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Nadster/ Don D - v.useful link, added to "favourites" for future reference (my current keycard is beginning to look a bit shabby) - many thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
Keycard

The very same thing has just started happening to me. All was well on the way to the shops. Locked the car remotely. Went into shops, came out and unlocked the car remotely. When I got home the keycard wouldn't lock the car anymore! Tried new batteries. The card still unlocks the car and starts ignition. As you mentioned though. the LED doesn't light on card when unlocking button is pressed. Weekend ,so, naturally service desks are closed.

·
Premium Member
740 Posts
I am sure I have replied somewhere on this site of my experiences concerning problem with my keycard. However I can thoroughly recommend Gary, who returned mine within 24 hours for £24.00. What a life saver and a cost saver too.
Normc3943

·
Registered
3 Posts
Espace Card

I have bought a key card from ebay. The key card is brand new and never been coded. The keycard is from an espace but still the two button type like my laguna card. Can anyone tell me if this will work ok in the Luguna or will it only work in the espace.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Keycard

Hi, Jock I'm sure I've read somewhere that you can't recode the card, the car is coded from the card, not the other way around, I'm not quite sure if this is correct. Send Gary an e-mail at the address below, and he will tell you for definite. [email protected] good luck... Don.

·
Registered
76 Posts
i will give gary 5 stars
awsome service
my m8t opened up my key and had a go at it ( messed it up) and then i found out bout keyrepair
just saved me over £100 and they key was back to me via special del sat morning
i only posted to him on Thursday

:rofl:

awesome service gary

1 - 20 of 35 Posts