Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Renault Laguna II - Phase 1 - Electronics - Electric Folding Mirrors Failure - Member feedback req'd

One of my mirrors was smashed off exposing the wiring to the elements and after a week or so the electric folding mirror function stopped working. I have since replaced the mirror though it still doesn't work. I have chaecked all the fuses i can find but still nothing.
Laguna 1.9dci estate 2003

·
Premium Member
2,710 Posts
Could be that the wiring was "pulled" out of the plug during the initial incident which could well have damaged the wires.

I am assuming that you have since bought the correct mirror (complete with motor for folding) and that the connector is properly inserted.

Is the other mirror folding correctly?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The replcaement is coorect. The electric adjustment works fine but not the folding on either mirror. It must be a fuse or relay but without a manual i'm stumped.

A

·
0 Posts
Fuse box is located to the right of the steering wheel - open your drivers door at you'll see a flap covering it..

Fuse locations etc have been covered in the Knowledge Base Section of the forums

Browse to Knowledge Base - Laguna - Electronics - Laguna II - Phase 1 - Fuses

Hope this helps - use the links in my sig below to find your way around and don't forget to update this thread with your findings please..

Cheers

L20

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, i have located the fuse compartment and legend from teh knowledge base but unfortunately all fuses are good but my problem still exists. Does anyone know the location/purpose of the various relays fitted to the car?

·
Premium Member
2,710 Posts
It could still be one of the wires in/to the plug that is faulty. If in the initial incident the wires were "stretched" in any way you could now have an "open circuit" wire as the wires may have brken off inside- if this wire is faulty the circuit won't be complete and the folding part of the circuit won't work. This could be the missing piece of the jigsaw. The wire may look ok from the outside.
How long was the wiring left exposed to the elements? If water/dirt got in the contacts may now be corroded.
It is very difficult to diagnose and repair faults without actually seeing the patient - sorry.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts