Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! I'm a new user and I'm from Bosnia and Herzegovina. I've got a Renault Laguna phase II 2001 year 1.6 16v petrol manual gearbox and I have an electrical problem, when i open the driver's door interior lights doesn't go on...but that's not every time, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. When interior light doesn't work, indicator for turned on headlights when you turn the engine off also doesn't work...and that's not all, the sensors for not working bulbs in headlights don't work...please help me!

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have the same problem. At first I thought it might be the microswitch within the door to detect the door opening, but all four door started 'playing up' at the same time. Sometimes it works, sometimes not. When the door is open, the lights in the door etc. will come on momentarily. I cannot imagine all door suddenly developed problems with the microswitches at the same time. Could someone perhaps please provide any insight as to which box of electronics handles the "door events" (and where it is). Maybe there's a bad connection on the connector to that box?

For your specific issue, it may well be the door microswitch sensor that detects when the door opens. My Haynes manual describes how to get to it in some detail, but it doesn't sound a trivial job, so if you do decide to take the door panel off, don't expect it to be a 10 minute job...

·
Registered
82 Posts
Where are the microswitches? My rear doors wont light up or turn the interior lights on. Front are fine. Checked bulbs nothing wrong with them.

Don't mind getting my hands dirty. Already sprayed new bumper, pass wing and pass rear door. Only had the car 2 days.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts