Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

I have a 2002 Laguna Estate (2.0 Privelage) and am going to France on holiday.

I have read that I need to get the Xenons adjusted rather than just using standard stick on beam benders like you would on a car without Xenons.

Does anyone know anything about this and, best of all, does anyone know how I can make the adjustments as my local Renault dealership have no idea!

Thanks

·
Tourerman
4,838 Posts
Your local Renault dealers don't know what they are talking about !

The xenons have no adjustment for conversion and you cannot fit the normal beam masks, renault dealers can supply special masks for the xenons.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Dave

Thanks for the reply...the funny thing is that both the Manchester and Bolton Renault main dealerships have no idea on this and both say "just buy the stickers from halfords like you would for any car / dont know what you're talking mbout mate".......not very good really. :crazy: :rolleyes:

Can I ask - have you ever had to get the masks for your Laguna and, if you have, could you tell me which dealship / garage supplied them so that I can tell my guys that they can check if they are not sure (which they obvioulsy aren't)

Thanks again mate :)

mark

·
Registered
55 Posts
From an earlier posting I made about beam convertors for my Grand Scenic:

After much research about my 2006 Grand Scenic II with factory fit Bi-Xenon headlights, I purchased the official Renault beam deflectors (Renault code 7701383655). I didn't want to fall foul of the instant fines warned about if caught without beam deflectors in France. I'd read on this forum that people were concerned about sticking these onto the plastic headlights, with the heat generated by the Xenon headlights.

There are no lines on the headlights, but the instructions give you an indication of where they should be applied.

I found they were fine (for the week I was in France) and came off without any problems, having survived rain and the heat of the xenons.

Unfortunately they can only officially be used once (although I reckon you could get a couple of applications from them). Most dealers when you query about the heat and what deflectors are best, don't really know, but mine spoke to Renault UK about ones for Xenons.

Hope this is helpful

Thanks

·
Tourerman
4,838 Posts
rencar 12 explains it well.....:) The Halfords ones will ruin the plastic headlights, thats bad advice you got from your dealers.

I have never bought any from renaults.

Hi Dave

Thanks for the reply...the funny thing is that both the Manchester and Bolton Renault main dealerships have no idea on this and both say "just buy the stickers from halfords like you would for any car / dont know what you're talking mbout mate".......not very good really. :crazy: :rolleyes:

Can I ask - have you ever had to get the masks for your Laguna and, if you have, could you tell me which dealship / garage supplied them so that I can tell my guys that they can check if they are not sure (which they obvioulsy aren't)

Thanks again mate :)

mark

·
Still a Petrolhead but also like diesel
2,311 Posts
rencar 12 explains it well.....:) The Halfords ones will ruin the plastic headlights, thats bad advice you got from your dealers.

I have never bought any from renaults.
Hi davesss, Travelspot, the people who make the "eurolites" beam deflectors recomended by several members for Xenon headlamps confirm that their product is suitable for Xenon headlamps .... is this what Renault OEM as the Xenon beam deflectors, as mentioned by rencar12?
:)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
TravelSpot for Xenons

Hi all

Yes, I contacted TravelSpot direct and they confirmed that they have tested their product on the Laguana Xenons and that when fitting the deflectors we should use DIAGRAM 2.

Great service from TravelSpot who spent time discussing with me on the phone and confirmed that their product is suitable via email as well. Great.

Thanks for all of the replies.
:d

·
Premium Member
2,861 Posts
Found this Honda CS email on a civic thread:

Dear Mr Whitford,
Thank you for your query regarding your headlights on the Civic. Honda does not manufacture headlight converters for European travel however we do recommend the use of "Eurolites" which are universal headlight deflectors that deflect the light beam for European travel. "Eurolites" are single use deflectors that are attached in the correct place on the headlight to deflect the beam. "Eurolites" come supplied with a leaflet that advises the user where to attach the deflectors in the correct location.
These deflectors are available from most retail stores such as Halfords or from outlets main ferry ports.
Please see the web link below for further information, "Eurolites" feature under "Products" on the main menu:
Travel Spot - Motoring Into Europe

If you have any further questions or feedback please complete our feedback form @ Honda (UK) or call our Honda UK Contact Centre on 0845 200 8000.
Kind regards
Bernice
Honda UK Contact Centre

[HID] Xenon lights and driving on the continent - Page 2 - Civinfo

1 - 10 of 10 Posts