Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a Nov 2006 Laguna 2.0dCi with all of the Renault Carminat manuals but they do not state the model or part number. The system is the Carminal/Cabase with full size colour screen and both MP3 and 6 CD changer.
I want to get a map disk for France but there appear to be many on eBay and I want to make sure I get the right one.

Can anyone help ? :eek:

·
Premium Member
6,475 Posts
I've got a Nov 2006 Laguna 2.0dCi with all of the Renault Carminat manuals but they do not state the model or part number. The system is the Carminal/Cabase with full size colour screen and both MP3 and 6 CD changer.
I want to get a map disk for France but there appear to be many on eBay and I want to make sure I get the right one.

Can anyone help ? :eek:
If it's the same DVD based navigation system as mine, then you should have full street level mapping of the whole of Western Europe on it already. :d

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Horatio. Thanks for replying so quickly.

I'm not sure if it is DVD based. I only got a map disk covering UK and Ireland and the major roads of Europe. The disk says V26 and the Renault CD ref is 8200610598 (4R).

If I stick the disc in the pc it only has 179Mb of files on it

:confused:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Carminat V26 - V27 Sat Nav DVD

I have an 05 Laguna 2 from November 05.
It has the Carminat / Cabasse 6cd system, full coulour screen and bluetooth system fitted.

I currently have V25 DVD in the system, I have ordered V26 which apparently will work in my system. I was told V27 would not work in my system though. Has anyone tried it?

Does V26 or 27 support postcode inputting?

Why are Renault so vague and unclear on this, what seems to be a common issue?

Gene
[email protected] :d

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The V26 works in mine but as you say it takes a lot of searching around to find that out.:steam:

I'm not sure about the V27.

·
Registered
3 Posts
v26 - V26 sat nav discs

Hi Goody01,
Whats the difference between V25 and V26 then? any new features or postcode searching?
I think V27 is CD based not DVD.

Cheers,
Gene

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi, I have just purchased a mint NAVTEQ V 26 GPS map on Cd, tried it in my 2002 laguna and says incorrect disc.

Could someone advise on what V 26 is compatable with and what is required for an 02 laguna please.

thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
Which Satnav Disk???

I'm just getting more and more confused the more I look into this.

I have a 2007 Laguna II Navigation with built in Caminat Sat Nav with the colour screen but without the player in the glove box - it uses the cd player in the centre console.

My version takes V26 CD of UK and Ireland and has TMC running.

As far as I'm aware it doesn't do postcode searches and the instruction manual doesn't list the use of postcodes as an option.

I'm trying to find a France V26 CD but without much luck. I'm pretty sure it won't play DVD's but can't be certain. I can't seem to find out which cd's will run with my unit anywhere eg. will v27 run? (which seems to be a common thread here) If anyone has a definitive answer it would be nice to see.

Equally if anyone has a v26 France CD they don't need let me know! :crazy:

·
Premium Member
582 Posts
Equally if anyone has a v26 France CD they don't need let me know! :crazy:[/QUOTE]

Hi,
I have just swapped cars from a ph1 2003 Lag Initiale and still have a lot of mapping cd's for France and most of Europe.
My ph2 2005 Initiale has a V24 dvd, so I am looking for a newer version dvd. any update on wether or not the V27 will work?...Dave

·
Registered
4 Posts
i bought the VDODAYTON GB and Ireland maps from ebay, they work in the carminat system. made by tele altlas maps?
the 2007/2008 map is on ebay from about £20.
bargain!

it has a basic postcode serch, you put in the first 4 numbers/letters of the postcode, and it brings up the area, then you select the street you want, so postcodes are 7 out of 10. not to TOMTOM levels, but useful.

hope that helps!

:)

·
Premium Member
582 Posts
Hi, I have just purchased a mint NAVTEQ V 26 GPS map on Cd, tried it in my 2002 laguna and says incorrect disc.

Could someone advise on what V 26 is compatable with and what is required for an 02 laguna please.

thanks
The 2002 Laguna should have the cd version and could either be the full screen Colour Carminat or the mono turn by turn. I have numerous cd's for the colour Carminat left over from my 2003 Initiale. Dave

·
Premium Member
582 Posts
My ph2 2005 Initiale has a V24 dvd, so I am looking for a newer version dvd. any update on wether or not the V27 will work?...Dave
Think I've answered my own question, took a chance and bought a V27 dvd off of a chap in Europe. Car has accepted it, TMC is green and info reports it as 2007/8...Dave

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi Westernfirebrand ,
did you find the answer to the Lag sat nav problem? I would also like to know as I have the same car as you.

Chris

1 - 17 of 17 Posts