Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

The driver's door window on my laguna went down part of the way and then after a while fully down. On the way up it stuttered for a while then it eventually went all the way to the top.

If I try to operate the window now there's just a noise like a cable flapping around and nothing happens to the window.

I phoned the local renault dealer who gave me a quote for a window regulator for 440 euro fitted:crazy: or 240 euro for the part.

Does this sound like the regulator?

Thanks for any advice

Cheers

Dave

·
Premium Member
2,710 Posts
Yep ,definately sounds like the regulator. This is a common failing on the Laguna. Ours is now almost 3yrs old - the only problem we have had is the window regulator, but it was replaced free under warranty.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi SportTouer,

Thanks for the reply.

I thought that's what it was but didn't want to admit it as the price is unreal.

Might try a few contacts I know to see if I can get the price down. I have also seen that there are some on ebay without the motor for £50 - it sounds like the motor is fine - any thoughts on this would be most appreciated..

I just had to shell out 220 euro for a new key card. I only have one left and the microswitch has fallen off so I don't want to risk opening up yet!

Cheers

Daithi

·
Registered
4 Posts
hey daithi, my regulator went as well on passenger window, theres a few people about who'll recondition them for about 100 euro. they're easy enough to take out, just make sure you don't break any of the plastic clips around it. i lost the guys number who reconditioned it for me. all i know is that he's in ennis.

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
Hi, Daithi - if you can get it out - hold the widow up in place with a few bits of wood - you could then think about sending it of for repair. I think there is a post on this forum about this - if I find I'll post it up.:)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi,

Thanks for the replies much appreciated.

My local back street garage have given the number of a guy who will repair it for me. Haven't managed to give him a ring yet.

Will post back when I find out cost etc.

Typical that the window would go when myself and the family are going away on the ferry.

Cheers

Dave

·
Administrator
17,109 Posts
Hi Dave, it could be worse - at least the window has jammed in the closed position...

I'd be inclined to do as Noel suggests and wedge it in as soon as possible you don't want the window falling into the door (the glass may break, if for no other reason).

All the best for your trip.

Paul:)

·
Registered
1 Posts
This happened to my passenger window. It wasn't the regulator but the connector box between the car body and the door. They eventually (3 visits) soldered the connections and sealed the box up with epoxy - you could do it yourself!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hi,
My regulator went and I bought a new one on eBay for £60. Fitting it couldn't be simpler. I'll give you a step by step:
1. Disconnet battery.
2. Carefully prise off plastic A trim (on the inside where the mirror is.
3.Pry out the circular plastic cover in the door handle.
4. Using a torx drive (I think T15) unscrew the door handle screw and the two at the bottom of the door.
5.Using a panel lifter or flat bladed screw driver, carefully prise off the door card.
6. Feed the door handle through the card and disconnect the speaker, three window switch multiplugs and the courtesy light.
7. It looks a mess but its easy. The regulator is held in with 5 bolts. carefully loosen these and then reach up and edge the window down.
8. The window is held on two runners by blue plastic clips. These have a black clip on them. Carefully pull these off. You can now lift away the window. Support it in the door with a block of wood.
9. Unscrew the bolts fully, the pull the rear runner through the hole towards you, then the front.
10. Unscrew the motor and attatch it to the new regulator. Fitting is the reversal of removal. When you reattatch the window switches, it may be jerky going to the top. Don't worry, once you get there it will work perfectly.

I did mine in 20 minutes having never done one before. total cost 60 quid! Good luck and have a go!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just an info update, Now on ebay for £33 including free postage or collection from Doncaster, just had the privelage of having to do mine :mad:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi there I have a laguna 2006 1.0 dci and have replaced regulator 3 times. so I went on line and found several sites for regulators.make sure that when ordering you check the number of pins in the motor connection as there are two type also it sounds like the motor is sound so when ordering make sure you order without MOTOR.If you take care when removing the old regulator you wont have any problems.Its easier to remove regulator when window is open about 6 inches and taped over the top and sides with duck tape or similar so that will hold window in place when removing and refitting.
best of luck.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi,
My regulator went and I bought a new one on eBay for £60. Fitting it couldn't be simpler. I'll give you a step by step:
1. Disconnet battery.
2. Carefully prise off plastic A trim (on the inside where the mirror is.
3.Pry out the circular plastic cover in the door handle.
4. Using a torx drive (I think T15) unscrew the door handle screw and the two at the bottom of the door.
5.Using a panel lifter or flat bladed screw driver, carefully prise off the door card.
6. Feed the door handle through the card and disconnect the speaker, three window switch multiplugs and the courtesy light.
7. It looks a mess but its easy. The regulator is held in with 5 bolts. carefully loosen these and then reach up and edge the window down.
8. The window is held on two runners by blue plastic clips. These have a black clip on them. Carefully pull these off. You can now lift away the window. Support it in the door with a block of wood.
9. Unscrew the bolts fully, the pull the rear runner through the hole towards you, then the front.
10. Unscrew the motor and attatch it to the new regulator. Fitting is the reversal of removal. When you reattatch the window switches, it may be jerky going to the top. Don't worry, once you get there it will work perfectly.

I did mine in 20 minutes having never done one before. total cost 60 quid! Good luck and have a go!
Don't suppose you have a picture guide????

·
Registered
15 Posts
I've just done this for our project car. Got a new regulator from Quarry Motors in Sheffield (BMParts on Ebay) for £27.90. Dead easy to fit but mark the motor position to the regulator so you know which way it fits on!

The 28 quid regulator seems fine so far.

·
Registered
23 Posts
£28 is a good price for the gubbins without the motor. Last time I did the job it cost £19.99 just for the cables and you had to fit them yourself! It's not a hard job at all, the only thing I did differently was that I didn't disconnect the battery (saves having to re-code the radio and can cause problems when you initialise the window after).

It's quite a technique to get the cables on as they are VERY tight, so buying the rails with the cables already on would speed the job up no end.

·
Premium Member
205 Posts
£3.99 for cables delivered off ebay. I thought this was too good to be true, but worth a gamble. Worked a treat. :d

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have just replaced the window mechanism for the 2nd time :mad: 1st one was from scrap yard cost £45 with motor and regulator. This time the cables snapped and I decided to go for a new mechanism inc cables, just in case the cable sleeves had corroded away, cheapest I could find on ebay was £70/£80 from scrap cars. Any way stumbled across Mister Auto what a find new mechanism with cables £40 inc postage, ordered on Tuesday 4.30pm arrived Friday from FRANCE (quicker than postage in UK) highly recommend :d

·
Registered
19 Posts
Had my front drivers side window done a couple of days ago by this guy.

http://www.electricwindowrepairs.co.uk/

Nice chap and he came to my house and overhauled my regulator (new stainless steel cables etc) for £55 inc vat. Can't really complain, if I'd bought a new regulator of unknown quality from ebay it would have been £30 and I would have had the hassle of fitting it. Being me, I'd probably have ended up smashing the glass!

Worth a shout if you're in the tyne & wear area.

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
for future reference, the window regulators are the same regardless of whether you have 1 touch up and down or not. it's the motor that controls that part.
found this out with a little bit of help from the forum, and i went to eurocarparts, with naff regulator and motor - (60£ i was desperate at the time) - and it's an easy replacement.
hardest part is getting the door panel off as it's glued into place

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm having a problem with my passenger window too.
The window won't go down only up and from the passenger switch, if i use the drivers side switch nothing happens. I've checked the window engine and cables and they are all working great...

·
Registered
6 Posts
My window was playing up not coming down more than an inch,then the aa bloke pushed it down and now thats the only way i can get it up and down , sounds like the motor is still working so i take it my regulator has gone and the clips have probably broken thanks in advance for any advice .

1 - 20 of 35 Posts