Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got a problem near side wont light i have swapped the bulbs over to check and both bulbs work in one side and both bulbs don work on the near side i think it might be water damage as i drove through a big flood in yourkshire where do i look next i have checked all fuses and is it the same fuse for both sides ..... thanks

·
Tourerman
4,838 Posts
Hi Jaba,

I am certain from what you have said you will have water in the HID unit which powers up the xenon bulb.

I had this with mine and when it dried out it would start working again, I have posted in this thread how to waterproof the HID unit which sits in a well under the headlight, there is a photo on there of the tide mark I had on mine.

Read all the posts in this thread, there are a lot.

Read the thread that also tells you how to do the repair and waterproofing.

http://www.renaultforums.co.uk/lagu...n-headlights-discussion-how-change-out-2.html

It was about 20 months ago since mine started to not work after heavy rain and I repaired it, it has worked perfectly ever since.

Good luck with it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
how do i remove it do i take out the head light and if so how i took out the two bolts but seams to be still atached at the indicator side or lamp

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
Some great info there.:)

I've got to change a HID unit on a Lag 2 tomorrow,so now I can look like I know what I'm doing!.:d

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hi there I know this post is old but the dafranze link is unavailable. I need to replace my headlight but can't get the bumper off (typical female I know I'm sorry) any help would be great x

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
42,603 Posts
You need to take both inner wing splash panel/guards off, .
When you look up, once the panels are removed, pins holding the corner of the bumper, going to the corner of the wing need removing.
Then , under the bonnet lid ( going from one headlight unit to the other) is 4 or 5 plastic clips, these have a slot that will take a flat bladed screwdriver, turn the screw anticlockwise, as you stop the bottom part of the plastic turning , the screw part will raise slightly, now these will pull out..
Then you can pull the centre grill section up, it should just lift out, and forward.

From under the car, unscrew the fixings holding the base of the bumper on.
If your car is still fitted with the undershield this also needs to come off..
Once you are happy that all fixings securing the bumper are off,( would check a few times, to make sure).
Go to the side of the car, where the bumper meets the wing, pull the corner of the bumper out, towards you, It can be a bit stiff to pull, this needs to come away from the wing, about an inch.
This needs doing on both corners.
When you have pulled the corner off, you then have to push the bumper forward, ( in the direction going away from the headlights )
It is heavy and awkward, with two of you it is easy.
If you have no one to help, then place some sort of padding on the floor under the bumper, otherwise you will scratch it.
There will be two plugs going to front fogs, and the washer pipe,.
These can be left alone if you are only taking the light units out.
The light, are held in by three ten mil head pins, two across the top, one on the side, remove the pins ,, then pull the headlights forward, disconnect the multi plugs,
and the headlights will come out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts