Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Interior light on overnight=flat battery. Tried to jump start but it seems like the immobiliser is on. Immobiliser light and SERV light flashing on dashboard. Both keys seem to be OK - has the loss of battery power made my Laguna forget the immobiliser code.

Either way, any suggestions before phoning Renault?

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
Hello & Welcome to the Forums.

A search of the Forums should unearth a considerable amount of info regarding Immobilisers, I believe that jump starting can cause problems with Immobilisers, I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

Regards

Ottoman

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Problems like blowing up the Injection ECU - Renault want about £600!!!! Time for a new car me thinks!!!!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sent ECU off to geezer who said basically it works for 2 sec, then (presumably because there's no coded input for the immobiliser) it locks out. Seems criminal that for the sake of the code I'm faced with scrapping the car - especially when I don't actually need an immobiliser.

Any last suggestions?

·
Registered
27 Posts
same prob

mines been in garage for 2 months( private not renault), got it back cos they eventually got it started and wanted it out.
Renault here in ireland don't want to know so i've trawled the internet for days to try and find out how to keep it going.
One way that works at the mo is to disconnect the battery for a few hours( sometimes works after a few mins but not often) then turn ignition on and check if injector and stop lights stop flashing after about 10 secs,if they do fire it up, if they keep flashing then switch off and use key to lock then unlock doors, do it while your sat there don't bother to get out then try again, works on mine but a pain in ass cos can't take car out in case it won't fire again for a few hours, not much help but if it works it might get you nearer a solution, if it does let me know, maybe we do have same prob
ps got an ecu for £50 from scrappy in uk just gave them the code numbers

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Renault say the Injection ECU isn't responding to the signal from the immobiliser ECU and have suggested that the Injection ECU needs to be replaced.
The injection ECU has been tested in isolation and works as expected for a second or so. i.e. up until the point it expects the signal from the Immobiliser ECU.
So I think my immobilser is fine but the Injection ECU is failing to respond.
Is this a different problem to the hundreds of immobiliser problems posted on this forum and if so does it have a different solution. Also would one of the £80 immobiliser bypass units work?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I discovered my Renault Laguna 2 is bringing out black smoke in the exhaust, which mak the fuel consumption so high. When checked it out it was said to be immobilizer problem, what do I do

1 - 7 of 7 Posts